Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a new spot and first day only had an hour and found a couple of Indians. Went back yesterday and found a nice 1775 counterfeit George III copper. Also found an interested plate of some sort. It's the New York State Seal with Excelsior on it and it appears to have 2 solder marks on the back. Also found a couple of buttons with the rabbit one being interesting. The small one was probably a good 6" deep.
cfeit half pence obverse copper.jpg cfeit half pence reverse copper.jpg
DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0033.JPG
indians obv.jpg indians rev.jpg

Upvote 3

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I think that KG is a Machin's Mills cft. Someone will know more. Keep up the good work

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Without a doubt it is NOT a Machins Mills piece. FYI, easy way to tell are the outlines in the shield of the Union Jack. Machins pieces don't have the outlines, they are solid bars in the shield. FYI, I was a contributor to the Redbook for a number of years in the colonial section. : )

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a doubt it is NOT a Machins Mills piece. FYI, easy way to tell are the outlines in the shield of the Union Jack. Machins pieces don't have the outlines, they are solid bars in the shield. FYI, I was a contributor to the Redbook for a number of years in the colonial section. : )

Plus there's only one 1775 MM, so easy to rule out.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Those are some real nice digs DON, that plate is cool and any Large Copper is a welcome sight CONGRATS :thumbsup:

Bubba65

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread