1850s pocket drop,large cents,vatican medal

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
1850's pocket drop,large cents,vatican medal

Had a long day yesterday from sun up to sun down.Every time i was ready to quit i would find something!Wish i had that problem more often.And for once it was a good thing i broke a detector.Started with garret re hitting spot with my smallest loop to catch any stragglers i missed with etrac.Got the hatchet head and some clad and a wheat cent.Then snapped the arm bracket in to.So hiked back to car and got e-trac and headed to a different spot i hadn't done yet do to severe crap and poison everywhere.All i got for several hours was clad,junk and wheat cents.Then BAM! a dateless large cent!Couple more hours not much.Getting ready to leave and decide to hit one last spot.Got a weird sounding mixed signal.And out pops the seated dime.Then i scan spot,still have a mixed signal.Dig some more,out comes a flying eagle penny(and before i cleaned it you could clearly see it,but it was in flaky layer)And still had a signal.Dug some more and got one of the 2 clearly dated large cents.That got me going again for a few more hours and i got the other large cent and the flat buttons.The gold one is cool.Wish my military ones were that nice.Even checked book but see nothing like it.Also got 2 more 2 ringer mini balls.All 4 eagle cents i got threw the years had a mini ball found near by.But only 1 was in a camp.

Only thing i could find on Vatican medal is council was from 1962-65.And it is a heavy silver medal.Not sure what its made out of no markings.Also not sure if this came from their or was bought over here.Very neat though.Any ideas on button?Other flat button has a cross on it.Thick one only has markings on back.

Attachments

• largecents.jpg
    largecents.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 246
  • largecentsback.jpg
    largecentsback.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 220
  • larg 002.jpg
    larg 002.jpg
    662.1 KB · Views: 211
  • larg 004.jpg
    larg 004.jpg
    659.4 KB · Views: 214
  • larg 005.jpg
    larg 005.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Upvote 12

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seated dime, flying eagle and 2 large cents in a pocket dump! Way to go junkhunter! Nice finds.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That's one heck of a pocket spill. Awesome! :headbang:

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Nate, nice stuff there. WTG :thumbsup: Love that Seated. You get those out of town where you usually go?..............Rich

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice finds congrats HH

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet they can't smack the smile off your face today. Any one of those coins, or the medal, would make most hunters "best find" list. To find them in a spill is awesome.:icon_thumleft:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow awesome!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'