1786 Vermont Baby head and 2 Unknow Buttons

foundation hunter

Jun 2, 2009
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Went back to the same site i found my Conn. copper started searching around the foundation,i always search the walls inside the foundation never found anything untill yesterday.Started searching the walls as i always do i got a quarter reading about 6 inches took out a couple of rocks and there it was a 1786 Vermont Baby Head,look at the condition of this coin.I have been soaking it in olive oil and hitting it with a soft toothbrush.Is there any method i can use to get the dirt out.Plus i have 2 unknow buttons.I live in Terryville Conn and found that Vermont Baby Head so i guess its possible to find any colonial coin.

Attachments

• baby_001.JPG
    baby_001.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 3,191
  • baby_006.JPG
    baby_006.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 3,172
  • baby_011.JPG
    baby_011.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,158
  • baby_017.JPG
    baby_017.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 3,153
  • baby_032.JPG
    baby_032.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 3,141
Upvote 0
Man that is one nice coin!

I'll throw a banner shout out for that badboy! :thumbsup:

That is one incredible looking Vt. It belongs on the Banner. These coins don't often come from the ground with that much detail. I'd like to send this image to Tony Carlotto, with your permission. Great Find!! Hogge :notworthy:

Iron Patch said:

I'm still learning this coin stuff but isn't this coin pretty rare in general? that is a really super nice looking dug coin! wait til the Pa boys see this.. Kyle ,Zues you see this coin? by the end of 2010 you have to find one... there is a set goal...lol

Ps. Long beach calf heritage auction sold a 1786 COPPER Vermont Copper, Baby Head VF20 PCGS. RR-9, Bressett 7-F, R.3. for $2,530.00

creeper71 said:
Iron Patch said:

I'm still learning this coin stuff but isn't this coin pretty rare in general? that is a really super nice looking dug coin! wait til the Pa boys see this.. Kyle ,Zues you see this coin? by the end of 2010 you have to find one... there is a set goal...lol

It's probably a rare find as far as detecting goes, but for variety it's a common Vermont. But the condition certainly helps it!

http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/vermont_coppers/vt_ryder_09.htm

Iron Patch said:
creeper71 said:
Iron Patch said:

It's probably a rare find as far as detecting goes, but for variety it's a common Vermont.

http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/vermont_coppers/vt_ryder_09.htm
Ok thanks IP

Not seen one of those :o

The dandy button is circa 1780s

nice one. I'm jealous man. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

hogge said:
That is one incredible looking Vt. It belongs on the Banner. These coins don't often come from the ground with that much detail. I'd like to send this image to Tony Carlotto, with your permission. Great Find!! Hogge :notworthy:
No promlem ,does anyone know anything about the buttons.
Thanks Gary

Great coin....very nice finds. Can't help with the buttons...sorry.
NJ

Woo, banner. Nice find.

foundation hunter said:
Went back to the same site i found my Conn. copper started searching around the foundation,i always search the walls inside the foundation never found anything untill yesterday.Started searching the walls as i always do i got a quarter reading about 6 inches took out a couple of rocks and there it was a 1786 Vermont Baby Head,look at the condition of this coin.I have been soaking it in olive oil and hitting it with a soft toothbrush.Is there any method i can use to get the dirt out.Plus i have 2 unknow buttons.I live in Terryville Conn and found that Vermont Baby Head so i guess its possible to find any colonial coin.
Fantastic copper coin :icon_thumleft: Banner for sure i wouldn't try to clean it to much ,that star burst button that is Colonial i found one just across the Sound from you last week ill show a pic .Great hunt Jim :thumbsup: .

Attachments

• Copper n silver jpg.jpg
    Copper n silver jpg.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3,059
  • Copper n silver jpg.jpg
    Copper n silver jpg.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 3,002

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back