Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: Wedding band returned.

MT Pockets but a boat load of KARMA! Great job!

I've been asked about several of the rings I've found and I always ask what's inscripted, whether there's anything inscripted or not.

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can't believe the poor behavior of the beach goers. I don't have the bling you guys find but there is rarely anybody around when I snoop with the detector. I have returned some rings. Great feeling!! And when you know it's not right to charge or accept money, for whatever your reasons, and you don't, you move way up the food chain of what a human is supposed to be. I thank you for your integrity. jim

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats to you and Clyp for the good deed :icon_thumleft:

I don't understand people that harass beach hunters. What, you're going to antagonize a guy/gal with a 4-5 ft metal scoop/club and who knows what else he/she is carrying?

No matter how many knuckleheads you come across at the beach, it only takes one good deed to make it fade away.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MT Pockets said:
The best thing that I can Advise....Would be... to Be Aware of your surroundings.. ALL Of The Time.......

It is a great feeling to return a ring to the owner. But I have experienced the rock throwing at us too. I don't know why ordinary people can get so antagonistic.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MT Pockets said:
It is pretty sad when you have soo many Undesirables around you.

The Laughing,, The Snickering... The Spitting,, Throwing of objects.. when the think that this person has No one around to Notice what they are doing...

It's Truly Amazing.. to see how people truly are..

and when you witness such a thing... and Confront them about it... It's a Whole different story....

Because, if you did this to them while they were enjoying the water... It'd be a whole new ball game..

I mean some of these people Really seem Kinda Well to do too... :icon_scratch:

But... The Second that they Lose something that belongs to them... They are the first to Come running up to you asking for help....

Granted.. No 2 are the same.... But.. they are Pretty close......

The best thing that I can Advise....Would be... to Be Aware of your surroundings.. ALL Of The Time.......
I was thinking about carrying my MT with me to South Padre Island in a few weeks. Being new to the hobby, this sounds a little challenging. Do people actually behave that way?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have found that on a beach setting, many folks regard a MDer as some kind of a scrounger, much like dumpster divers......not that there is anything wrong with dumster divers, :wink: or perhaps a homeless person or hobo. Ones I have talked to have no idea that you might have a couple of thousand bucks invested in your equipment. A few have even voiced that they think we are out and about only to take advantage of someone's ill fortune. What they don't realize is that if it weren't for us and an occasional find, the items would remain lost forever and profit no one. In that respect it is much like some of the archies feel about us recovering artifacts. Once you explain what and why you are out there detecting, many will change their way of thinking, get interested and ask questions. But there are always a few die hards who have no concept of what you are explaining and go out of their way to make your day miserable. A lot ot the time their harssment involves a bit of alcohol consumption, so I don't ordinarily let it get to me. If they lay hands on me or my equipment they may be in for a rude surprise. But that would be a very rare occurance and has only happened to me once. I am only commenting for those of you who are contemplating going beach hunting as I am sure the regulars already know how it works. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread