1797 American Coppa

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Forum, :D

Hey, dudes, I GOT out today with the one and only Colonial Silver Zeus and the one and only Colonial Zoyboy! :D Yes, we got OUT early today due to weather circumstances and decided to head back to the superly productive site that we hit last week. :D

The day started off with a bang. I started to excavate some nice but-tins. :D After about 30 minutes of hunting, my uncle already found some AWESOME stuff. :wink: :D I will allow him to expatiate on his "stuff." :wink: :D My brother had shouted out some AWESOME stuff as well, so he will elaborate on his "stuff." :wink: :D

I was sweeping with John Walter passion when I was startled with an "E" on "Dime" hit. I was suuuuper glad to have dug the signal. :D It turned out to be a 1797 Draped Bust large cent. :wink: :D ;D Once I rubbed the doyt off of it, I shouted, "Coppa!" :wink: :D Gotta love those 1700s American coppas! :D ;D

After the coin recovery, I was still yanking out some nice Colonial artifacts when we "called" it a day. Check out my other recoveries. :wink: ;D This SITE is LOADED!!!! :thumbsup: ;D :D We all agreed that this site is the BEST we have ever hit before. Every "P" on "Penny" hit is a coppa and every "L" on "Nickel" is a tombac button. :D

Dudes, I can't say enough how GREAT my brother's research is! He definitely hit the "Homerun Ball" site here! :tongue3: :thumbsup: :wink: :D Stay tuned-in, folks!!! :wink: ;D

Keep the passion high! :wink: :thumbsup:

Kirk :thumbsup:

DrapedBust001.jpg

DrapedBust006.jpg

Upvote 0

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Nice recovery Kirk! I'm still looking for my first US large cent.

I went out for about an hour today but I'm sorry to report no colonial coins. :(

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Yooooooo, Kirk the Jerk, I am suuuuuper glad that you found a coppa today, and it's a 1700s Draped Bust to boot. You would have made John Walter suuuuuuper proud of your style and finds for the day.

I have a great feeling about future weeks and future months. I just finished another very similar site, so we will be seeking permission in the fall probably! :thumbsup:

Lemons

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Yo Koiky. You impressed me today with your diligent detect style. You took J.W.'s advice and focused on your signals. Awesome detail on the D.B.L.C. Way to go looney. You deserved it. Can't wait till next week.
Uncle Zeus

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah baby!!! :headbang: :headbang: Gotta love the old American coppa. The draped bust L. C. I found earlier this year was also a 1797. That site sounds awesome. I'm envious. :thumbsup:

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
As John Walter would state, "Yup, that is what I am after...1700s...yup, early American, yup, yup!" :D :thumbsup:

Lemony Snicket

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Kirk, What is the name on that metal tag you found?
CSZ

Is says: "D. Bec..." We can't read the other letters on the relic.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
plehbah said:
That is a nice looking copper. Nice color and patina. It is a gorgeous piece.

However, 1797 is no longer colonial era.

I think we know that, buddy! Thanks for the reply, though! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Evolution said:
Yeah baby!!! :headbang: :headbang: Gotta love the old American coppa. The draped bust L. C. I found earlier this year was also a 1797. That site sounds awesome. I'm envious. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Evo, for the reply. I am super pumped now! :thumbsup:

This site has more, too! :thumbsup:

Kirk

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I am suuuuuuper glad that the monkey is off of your back now. You deserved this coppa, zoyster oyster.

Lemons

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
Way to go big guy. Big time score! Glad to see you back in action again on the old coppa. :thumbsup:
Your bro rock on the ra-search. :icon_king:
Congrats on all of you relics.
-Doug-

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YO KIRK, SWEET COPPA BRO.............THAT LARGE CENT IS IN GREAT SHAPE......GREAT JOB. YOU GUYS HAVE ALL BEEN DOING GREAT.
I`M STILL HAVING A DRY SPELL, 7 WEEKS AND COUNTING. I GOT A BARBER DIME TODAY THOUGH. YEA IN THE MIDDLE OF A CORN FIELD.......GO FIGURE..PACO

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great hunt Kirk :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Congrats on that Coppa and other goodies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread