1797 American Coppa

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Forum, :D

Hey, dudes, I GOT out today with the one and only Colonial Silver Zeus and the one and only Colonial Zoyboy! :D Yes, we got OUT early today due to weather circumstances and decided to head back to the superly productive site that we hit last week. :D

The day started off with a bang. I started to excavate some nice but-tins. :D After about 30 minutes of hunting, my uncle already found some AWESOME stuff. :wink: :D I will allow him to expatiate on his "stuff." :wink: :D My brother had shouted out some AWESOME stuff as well, so he will elaborate on his "stuff." :wink: :D

I was sweeping with John Walter passion when I was startled with an "E" on "Dime" hit. I was suuuuper glad to have dug the signal. :D It turned out to be a 1797 Draped Bust large cent. :wink: :D ;D Once I rubbed the doyt off of it, I shouted, "Coppa!" :wink: :D Gotta love those 1700s American coppas! :D ;D

After the coin recovery, I was still yanking out some nice Colonial artifacts when we "called" it a day. Check out my other recoveries. :wink: ;D This SITE is LOADED!!!! :thumbsup: ;D :D We all agreed that this site is the BEST we have ever hit before. Every "P" on "Penny" hit is a coppa and every "L" on "Nickel" is a tombac button. :D

Dudes, I can't say enough how GREAT my brother's research is! He definitely hit the "Homerun Ball" site here! :tongue3: :thumbsup: :wink: :D Stay tuned-in, folks!!! :wink: ;D

Keep the passion high! :wink: :thumbsup:

Kirk :thumbsup:

DrapedBust001.jpg

DrapedBust006.jpg

Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
BuckleBoy said:
LMAO Plehbah! It's the same year of coin that they busted me for calling "colonial" when my bud dug a 1797 Spanish Silver back in May. :wink:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,158060.msg1148336.html#msg1148336

Nice finds, Kirk. You've got a honey of a site started there. Where's all the IRON??

-Buckles

Kirk didn't mention anything about Colonial-era coppas in this post. He just said early American. :wink:

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
BuckleBoy said:
LMAO Plehbah! It's the same year of coin that they busted me for calling "colonial" when my bud dug a 1797 Spanish Silver back in May. :wink:

Nice finds, Kirk. You've got a honey of a site started there. Where's all the IRON??

-Buckles

Still in the ground. We'll be excavating all of it once we get all of the perfect "readings." :D :thumbsup: Actually, there is soooooo much iron that we'll be there for years prior to getting it all out. I frickin' looooooove this site! :icon_sunny:

Kyle

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Zoyboy said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buckles

Still in the ground. We'll be excavating all of it once we get all of the perfect "readings." :D :thumbsup: Actually, there is soooooo much iron that we'll be there for years prior to getting it all out. I frickin' looooooove this site! :icon_sunny:

Kyle

I know what ya mean about the iron. We try to chip away at it as we go--but that's mainly because Masking is a REAL danger with a good iron patch. Most of the 1860's-Era housesites we hunt are worked out in a day of hard hunting, but with a Colonial site there is SO much iron. The one we were on in January (Three 1700's Silvers) took forever to bash through the IRON in order to get those Half Reales.

I assume this is a plowed field?

-Buck

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
BuckleBoy said:
Colonial Zoyboy said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buckles

I know what ya mean about the iron. We try to chip away at it as we go--but that's mainly because Masking is a REAL danger with a good iron patch. Most of the 1860's-Era housesites we hunt are worked out in a day of hard hunting, but with a Colonial site there is SO much iron. The one we were on in January (Three 1700's Silvers) took forever to bash through the IRON in order to get those Half Reales.

I assume this is a plowed field?

-Buck

Kyle

Yup, it is currently in soybean. The super gracious landowner is letting us hunt between the rows. I have a great feeling that we'll find over 15 Colonial/Colonial-era coins after the plow goes through the area!

Kyle

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Man.. you find all the cool coins. I kind of wish I lived somewhere nearer to all that kind of digging. Oh sure, I do ok here in the Bluegrass State, but nothing anywhere near approaching the age or history of your finds. Hell, ! (pardon my french).. My oldest coin is a Wheat penny! And my oldest silver was a Rosie dime... *sigh* Some people just have all the luck! <grin> Keep Diggin it Dude!

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey Buddy, I see you got a 1700's Coppa!! Fantastic!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kyle sure found an awesome site. You guys are going to have some good times there.
Hope everything is going well with you.

Keep the Passion High, my friend from PA!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
Hey Buddy, I see you got a 1700's Coppa!! Fantastic!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kyle sure found an awesome site. You guys are going to have some good times there.
Hope everything is going well with you.

Keep the Passion High, my friend from PA!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan,

Hey, buddy, how are you doing? It has been awhile since I have posted on the forum. I have been soooo busy with work and duties with my babe.

Kyle has found an awesome site here. It is a pleasure to hit, since I am a coppa guy and there are plenty of coppas to be had here. :)

I hope you are still striking that stuff you are known to strike...truckloads of wilver! :wink: :D

Keep the passion high, friend from SoCal!

Kirk

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet large cent, looks like a good spot there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions