18 Cents in 4 Hours. Good Deed & a New Long Awaited Permission. Ill take it!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
18 Cents in 4 Hours. Good Deed & a New Long Awaited Permission. I'll take it!!!!

I headed out determined to find a new Permission this morning around 10 am. There are 2 houses close by that I have been eyeing. I was in the mood to cold knock if necessary. No cars in the driveway at the 1st property. :BangHead: I continued North and just over the tracks on the left is an old house. I have been by this house hundreds of times and no one is ever home. Today I noticed a car in the driveway. :hello2: I pulled in and noticed a young man raking. He set the rake down when I got out of the van and we walked towards each other. He is in his late 20's. I asked if he needed some free help, I can rake or pick up branches. He looks at me and sees this "old man" and declines my offer chuckling. :icon_thumleft: We introduced ourselves and then I let him know that I have been going by this property almost daily hoping to catch someone home (ever since March). He tells me he has been in NJ, he installed sports tracks at schools and has been working on the East coast for most of the year. I let him know his house is in the 1874 map and offer to show him. I asked if I could have permission to hunt his property as I pulled out the map and point out his house. What are you looking for when you detect? I let him know I was hoping to find some pre 1964 silver coins and maybe an old Indian Head penny, or maybe an old buried non functioning pocket watch to add to my collection (I have about a dozen at the house). We shot the sh_t for a few more minutes and he tells me "sure if I can hold off until later this week" :headbang: The outhouse still stands, but it is on the neighbors property. ( I think I can get permission to hunt around it though). I was so stoked that he granted permission, I decided to go back to Jim's house on Barker Street and burn some energy. I raked leaves for about 2.5 hours. Jim has heart problems and I thought it was the least I could do since I have been hunting his virgin property. I only dug $0.18. One 1889 IHP, 9 wheats (1919 x 2, 37, 40 x 2, 44, 47D, & 48. I also dug 3 old keys, an old broach,, and 4 other artifacts. Only dug 4 modern clad an nickle and 3 memorials.. I'll take it.

1889 IHP

20151114_173305.jpg

All Today's Digs

20151114_173226.jpg

I was granted a sweet permission, did a good deed for the day, and still detected for a few hours. What else could one ask for??

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

Thanks for reading, hope I wasn't too long winded.

GL & HH

Upvote 41

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the keys. That was a great deed you did for raking the leaves.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way too cool on the good deed. And I think you got a good permission, the ants will be in the pants to get back there later on. Congrats!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those keys are awesome LD and will make a very nice addition to a display.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great that you got a cool. Old permission.
Nice on the good deed.
Love the old keys..

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last weekend I tried asking at a house that was next to where I was detecting. A 80+ year old women proceeded to yell at me for what seemed like five minutes. All I could think of was my mother came back (she's passed) to yell at and haunt me. I ended up making an about face and walking away with her still shouting.
But good to see it worked for you:thumbsup:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY LOCO WHATS ON THE ID BRACELET ? MAN NEAT OLE HAIR BARRETT AND KEY FINDS .....

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HEY LOCO WHATS ON THE ID BRACELET ? MAN NEAT OLE HAIR BARRETT AND KEY FINDS .....

That's a fishing weight. I do like the broach, it lost it's 3 stones, but has some good color left.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a nice good deed you did there, keep us posted on your new permission when you check it out, nice finds today!! I never get sick of finding Indianhead pennies, I like cool green patina. Happy hunting

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a firm believer in good carma and today you paid it forward, got a great permission and then done a good deed. That will be a great site. We get out of life/hobby/everything what we put into it and your hard work shows.:thumbup::thumbup: Nice job LD

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope the permission holds up... those keys are nice.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job helping that man out. It looks like you did very well today in more then one way.

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The keys take the cake for me. They would look great in a display along with an old padlock. Great hunt, and congrats on the new permission! Sounds very promising!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as always....nice job !!!love the keys

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Loco nice finds.I just hope I can get out tomorrow and find some old stuff. I be happy with half of what you found.......Matt

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great keys and Indian of course. WTG on your good deed!

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the permission.. still great finds any day.. :icon_thumleft:

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a full day of fun and cool stuff too and you made a friend. (don't call yourself old- :protest:-I cringed, since I saw on another post that you found your 1962 birth year penny ...... and its mine too)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread