Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find man! Beautiful ring and the confirmation of the age of your crucifix . Big congratulations, hope you'll find it's stone. Lots of success on your future hunts!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You really must be on cloud 9. Congrats on an awesome ring find!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of my favorite rings are the "ugliest" most unassuming looking things ever!:tongue3: ONLY because I know they are OLD!. Age makes the difference for me personally. Gold is cool but, OLD is cooler to me. Love that RING!:headbang:

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome find man! Beautiful ring and the confirmation of the age of your crucifix . Big congratulations, hope you'll find it's stone. Lots of success on your future hunts!
Thanks Man,I appreciate it.

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some of my favorite rings are the "ugliest" most unassuming looking things ever!:tongue3: ONLY because I know they are OLD!. Age makes the difference for me personally. Gold is cool but, OLD is cooler to me. Love that RING!:headbang:
I agree totally,anything old, no matter how ugly is candy to my eye.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really a great find on the ring, Plus like you said it helps date the crucifix you found. Still hoping a place on the top row for you. Congrats on that nice fine.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That ring has certainly undergone a few changes since it was lost. Gives it great character.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring has certainly undergone a few changes since it was lost. Gives it great character.
Very true. Of rings I have found over the years, my favorite is still a ring made from a square nail. Can't remember when, and it was a surface find I think while working somewhere in Arizona, but I like to think it was made by a fella some long time ago, way out there for perhaps a daughter, I don't really know, but it does have such a "personal" touch to it, again, it remains my favorite one.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be 17th C.
Without research I would place it in the 1690-1720s, based on similar cuff-links of that date.

OP
OP
Relicific

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Might be 17th C.
Without research I would place it in the 1690-1720s, based on similar cuff-links of that date.

Very interesting and that probably means it’s a Jesuit trade ring.
Makes sense.
Thanks Cru

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
makes you wonder, lost rings always make me wonder about the owner and how it got lost. I got a call this morning to hunt for a lost ring. At first the story was it was lost like two or three years ago while tamping a sign into the ground, the guy even knew when it came off but it bounced into the thick grass. Turns out it was 8 or 9 years ago and the "grass" was taller than my head and super thick with small trees. The guy lives a hundred miles from here and every year stops and looks again. the spot is under a power line that was all down on the ground a few years back due to an ice storm. heavy equipt had been all in there so it may be a little deeper....when it gets cut or burnt, then might be able to detect in there.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting and that probably means it’s a Jesuit trade ring.
Makes sense.
Thanks Cru
It does have that early trade ring look to me. If I get time I will research, unless someone does it in the meantime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread