Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few cool things from the mountain side here in VA.
Hunted the edge of a field that was grown out of sight and mostly just wooded areas the rest of the time.

after inspection the Button's design is a bit different here and there on the front...

Thanks for looking !!!

RV

picture_2017_10_10_18_35_30_239.jpgpicture_2017_10_10_18_37_44_199.jpg
picture_2017_10_10_18_38_1_745.jpgpicture_2017_10_10_18_38_33_144.jpg
picture_2017_10_10_18_38_45_903.jpg

Upvote 22
In your second photo, you have a very nice civil war tent rope tensioner. Not sure exactly when they started using them or when they stopped but that is a pretty good sign of CW activity.

Sweet button, and I also think that is a CW tent tensioner.
Nice hunt!

HH, RN

Sweet button, and I also think that is a CW tent tensioner.
Nice hunt!

HH, RN

Hey thanks RN....I wish I knew the time frame of the button..

wish I had a nickel for each shotgun brass pretending to be a good hit :BangHead:

love the button & tent piece, got a few of 'em at farms in NY :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

wish I had a nickel for each shotgun brass pretending to be a good hit :BangHead:

love the button & tent piece, got a few of 'em at farms in NY :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

Thanks !! Most all the brass was fairly old...kinda a relic of their own. Must of been lots of squirrel and dumplings going on...

Very sweet old one piece button. :love10: I have dug one of those tent pole things but, never realized what it was until registering on T-NET! WOO HOO! Cool digs mate. Now get to hiking right back up that mountain side! There's more up there!:laughing9::headbang:

Very sweet old one piece button. :love10: I ha.ve dug one of those tent pole things but, never realized what it was until registering on T-NET! WOO HOO! Cool digs mate. Now get to hiking right back up that mountain side! There's more up there!:laughing9::headbang:

Thanks Kurios1....I have a large area permission and sure enough most of it is sideling ground...aint too bad though as long as there's enough to dig and give a break now and then...:thumbsup:

Congrats on your Star-trek hunt. To go where no man has detected before. Looks like you were rewarded for your efforts. Love those buttons and that tent tensioner.

Congrats on your Star-trek hunt. To go where no man has detected before. Looks like you were rewarded for your efforts. Love those buttons and that tent tensioner.

Absolutely Loco....I honestly was thinking the same thing myself. I kept telling myself I will run into a good patch sooner or later...but man the sweat rolled.. ugh!

Absolutely Loco....I honestly was thinking the same thing myself. I kept telling myself I will run into a good patch sooner or later...but man the sweat rolled.. ugh!

why I wear a headband and ALWAYS have a facecloth in da pocket-------- "udderwhys"--- some dumb deer will start lickin' yo face :laughing9::tongue3::laughing1::help::icon_biggrin:

why I wear a headband and ALWAYS have a facecloth in da pocket-------- "udderwhys"--- some dumb deer will start lickin' yo face :laughing9::tongue3::laughing1::help::icon_biggrin:

You must have seen me before...I always have a sweat band and cap, plus stuff a old wash cloth in me pocket...aaaaand water, don't want to raisin-up out there.
:sunny::sad1:

20171011_054809.jpg

All clean and ready to go...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
In your second photo, you have a very nice civil war tent rope tensioner. Not sure exactly when they started using them or when they stopped but that is a pretty good sign of CW activity.
Actually those rope tension attachments are post-war. I have one somewhere around here I found and it has a marked patent date in the late nineteenth century.

Attachments

• tent-rope-adjuster_POSTWAR_tent-slip-patent-diagram-1880.jpg
    tent-rope-adjuster_POSTWAR_tent-slip-patent-diagram-1880.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 55
  • tent rope adjuster.jpg
    tent rope adjuster.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Good lord... I found one of those a few years back and tossed it into a box with my other "maple syrup' tree taps. I love TNET!

Actually those rope tension attachments are post-war. I have one somewhere around here I found and it has a marked patent date in the late nineteenth century.

Hey Thanks for all the info you dug up on the rope tensioner....I just dug it and it looked cool whether CW related or not...I am glad it goes back quite a ways though, and to me a fun dig. Thanks!!

I agree with Worm Slicer, I have dug those tent rope tensioners on in 1940s Boy Scout camps. The button on the other hand I would date to approximately 1810-20.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back