180,000 penny dump on Friday Results

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
To celebrate my last day at US BANK, I stopped by my local friendly branch that was nice enough to close my account, and went to the teller who was so nice to help them close it, and wheeled over my radio flyer wagon, weighing close to 1,000 pounds if not more carrying 33 bags full of pennies. It took me an entire week to go through 180,000 pennies and I got some nice coins

3 IHCS
201 canadians
4 play money
Over 1,500 wheat pennies including a heavily worn 1910 S, and BU 1939 P
24 dimes

I came in at 5:10 because I have some decency and started the dump at 5:15. The lobby closed at 5:30, and I was there with all the tellers until 6:18. The teller knew what was going on, and she tried to push it off to another teller, but I specifically asked to have this transaction done with her and waited for her to be complete with the customer she had started on. All in all, I had to pay a $18 fee ($1 per $100 ran) and $5 for the wagon which I found out had cracks in 3 of the 4 wheels after the half ton load of pennies :) I shook hands with the teller, asked her to watch my wagon as I used the restroom, grabbed my wagon, and left to my car, later enjoying a Coke and Mcdouble from McDonalds.

I know this post is going to cause a lot of flare up and insults so I have already unsubscribed myself from this, so everyone can start on there debates. The only reason I posted was that I promised last week I would post what happened.

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL 1800 dollars in pennies? Holy crap...

33 bags full, now that is hilarious, only 3 indian heads though? wow they really are rare...

I did see a previous post of yours, didnt remember the beef with the bank, but I still think thats deserves an A+ for "sticking it to the man" or standing for what you believe in...

How many bag changes were needed?

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL 1800 dollars in pennies? Holy crap...

33 bags full, now that is hilarious, only 3 indian heads though? wow they really are rare...

I did see a previous post of yours, didnt remember the beef with the bank, but I still think thats deserves an A+ for "sticking it to the man" or standing for what you believe in...

How many bag changes were needed?

I stopped counting after 15. Bags old $50 each.

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At somepoint it just becomes funny. Surely you could have found a friend to video? Not even a pic of the wagon?

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
At somepoint it just becomes funny. Surely you could have found a friend to video? Not even a pic of the wagon?

I took many pictures of the wagon with all the pennies in it. The problem is getting them from my crappy phone to my email or treasurenet atleast.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL, it was well worth the small fee's + the wagon, gave them a taste of their own medicine. They really must have done something bad for you to have down this, so good work, and bravo. I could not have kept a straight face.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would they stay open late to count your coins? In my area it's your responsibility to get there early to use the coin counting machines, and if the machine breaks down or there are other people in line they will still not stay open late. Also, the bank can refuse more coins if they are out of bags to store them in, the vault is full, they are under-staffed and will not dedicate an employee to you, or the coin machine has exceeded its duty cycle for that day/week/month.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
MrSchulz said:
To celebrate my last day at US BANK, I stopped by my local friendly branch that was nice enough to close my account, and went to the teller who was so nice to help them close it, and wheeled over my radio flyer wagon, weighing close to 1,000 pounds if not more carrying 33 bags full of pennies. It took me an entire week to go through 180,000 pennies and I got some nice coins

3 IHCS
201 canadians
4 play money
Over 1,500 wheat pennies including a heavily worn 1910 S, and BU 1939 P
24 dimes

I came in at 5:10 because I have some decency and started the dump at 5:15. The lobby closed at 5:30, and I was there with all the tellers until 6:18. The teller knew what was going on, and she tried to push it off to another teller, but I specifically asked to have this transaction done with her and waited for her to be complete with the customer she had started on. All in all, I had to pay a $18 fee ($1 per $100 ran) and $5 for the wagon which I found out had cracks in 3 of the 4 wheels after the half ton load of pennies :) I shook hands with the teller, asked her to watch my wagon as I used the restroom, grabbed my wagon, and left to my car, later enjoying a Coke and Mcdouble from McDonalds.

I know this post is going to cause a lot of flare up and insults so I have already unsubscribed myself from this, so everyone can start on there debates. The only reason I posted was that I promised last week I would post what happened.

Ass!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have placed a roll of toilet paper in the wagon along with the pennies.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would they stay open late to count your coins? In my area it's your responsibility to get there early to use the coin counting machines, and if the machine breaks down or there are other people in line they will still not stay open late. Also, the bank can refuse more coins if they are out of bags to store them in, the vault is full, they are under-staffed and will not dedicate an employee to you, or the coin machine has exceeded its duty cycle for that day/week/month.

I was prepared for that, as I figured they would say that, but they never did. If they would of, I would of dumped a little at a time at my new dump bank over the next week than.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still am sympathetic to you, it sucks to be shut down, and to have your dad drawn into this.

But the reason your account was closed, and your actions after, speak volumes on the entitled righteousness of youth.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still am sympathetic to you, it sucks to be shut down, and to have your dad drawn into this.

But the reason your account was closed, and your actions after, speak volumes on the entitled righteousness of youth.
Agreed.

Still funny.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, I would be mailed a cashiers check for any remaining amount in my account after it being closed. I had $1 left and after thursday when I dumped $300 in nickels on that teller, I asked her to withdraw .96 (the amount of nickels I took out) from my account and put the coins in with the counter so I can have a flat $297 after fees. If they don't send me my 4 cent cashiers check I think ill raise a ruckus :)

Account.png

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I would be mailed a cashiers check for any remaining amount in my account after it being closed. I had $1 left and after thursday when I dumped $300 in nickels on that teller, I asked her to withdraw .96 (the amount of nickels I took out) from my account and put the coins in with the counter so I can have a flat $297 after fees. If they don't send me my 4 cent cashiers check I think ill raise a ruckus :)

View attachment 703797

Yes but didyou leave them your wagon as a parting gift to remember you.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I don't know what is worse. Your actions that prove you are a small person iwthout concern for others or the postive remarks you are receiving from others who are encouraging you on this negative journey.

What you did was spiteful and no matter what they did to you (Closing your account - probably because you already proved to them prior that you are a jerk) you had no right to do what you did. YOu gain no respect from grown-ups for doing petty things to others. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions