180,000 penny dump on Friday Results

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
To celebrate my last day at US BANK, I stopped by my local friendly branch that was nice enough to close my account, and went to the teller who was so nice to help them close it, and wheeled over my radio flyer wagon, weighing close to 1,000 pounds if not more carrying 33 bags full of pennies. It took me an entire week to go through 180,000 pennies and I got some nice coins

3 IHCS
201 canadians
4 play money
Over 1,500 wheat pennies including a heavily worn 1910 S, and BU 1939 P
24 dimes

I came in at 5:10 because I have some decency and started the dump at 5:15. The lobby closed at 5:30, and I was there with all the tellers until 6:18. The teller knew what was going on, and she tried to push it off to another teller, but I specifically asked to have this transaction done with her and waited for her to be complete with the customer she had started on. All in all, I had to pay a $18 fee ($1 per $100 ran) and $5 for the wagon which I found out had cracks in 3 of the 4 wheels after the half ton load of pennies :) I shook hands with the teller, asked her to watch my wagon as I used the restroom, grabbed my wagon, and left to my car, later enjoying a Coke and Mcdouble from McDonalds.

I know this post is going to cause a lot of flare up and insults so I have already unsubscribed myself from this, so everyone can start on there debates. The only reason I posted was that I promised last week I would post what happened.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know what is worse. Your actions that prove you are a small person iwthout concern for others or the postive remarks you are receiving from others who are encouraging you on this negative journey.

What you did was spiteful and no matter what they did to you (Closing your account - probably because you already proved to them prior that you are a jerk) you had no right to do what you did. YOu gain no respect from grown-ups for doing petty things to others. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

It was definitily 100% immature and unnecessary. I acknowledge that. And I do not care if I gain respect from "grown-ups". I intentionally did this and if I would of had any regrets or second thoughts I would of not done it. I NEVER do anything without deciding a few times first.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes but didyou leave them your wagon as a parting gift to remember you.

It was pretty beat up, so I took it along with me, and it went with the garbage man on Tuesday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread