Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some free time this weekend, so I finished the shadowbox for the owners of the 1804 house I started detecting a few months ago.
This is a great way for some of you to show your appreciation to the owners of the properties you detect at, and it can be done for less than $15.
All you need is a shadowbox ($13.00 at Michael's on sale), some silicone or tacky (flexible type) glue, and about 1 hour of time. I just lay everything out on the black backing, arrange how you like it, then glue each piece in place one at a time. Let it dry over night, and attached the back to the box. Finished!
Let's face it, there is nothing here worth much $, but when grouped together it becomes a piece of art that any property owner would be proud to display.
I don't mind giving up a worn Barber & Merc dime to make someone happy, not to mention the friendship you'll be making, and possible future references to other properties.
Have a good one,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,189
  • MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,194
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,187
  • MVC-027S.JPG
    MVC-027S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,187
  • MVC-028S.JPG
    MVC-028S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,176
  • MVC-029S.JPG
    MVC-029S.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,181
  • MVC-030S.JPG
    MVC-030S.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,192
Upvote 0
VOL1266-X said:
Decades of valuable historical information about the home inhabitants in one box. Great job Doug-I didn't see any naughty tokens in this box. HH.

Thanks Buddy. :thumbsup:
No naughty tokens in this one. These are church going folk. I did find the Confederate flag charm though. When I first met them, they told me that CW troops had camped on their property by the RR tracks. Then I was told that as the story goes, there was a "Yankee" buried somewhere in the old house. There was a large hollow sealed area above a doorway downstairs that they thought would be a great spot, and one they had never looked inside of. I scanned it with my detector but nothing. If there IS a Yank in there, he is without metal. ;D
I still want to detect their dirt floor basement.
-MM-

beetle662 said:
I have the exact same plan for a place I am currently detecting. Been producing a lot of interesting finds and the place itself is loaded with history hanging on the walls. I figured an Appreciation Shadowbox would fit in very well with the stuff they had.

Yours turned out great! Thanks for sharing that with us all and I would strongly recommend doing it!

Thanks Beatle.
I guarantee you they will LOVE it!
Good luck & please post it when you get it built. You can knock one out in an hour + drying time overnight.
-MM-

ModernMiner said:
I don't mind giving up a worn Barber & Merc dime to make someone happy, not to mention the friendship you'll be making...

That's it. It looks great; I'm sure they'll love it. Great way to spend some time. :thumbsup:

Nate in Ohio said:
ModernMiner said:
I don't mind giving up a worn Barber & Merc dime to make someone happy, not to mention the friendship you'll be making...

That's it. It looks great; I'm sure they'll love it. Great way to spend some time. :thumbsup:

Thanks Nate.
Hope you & the family are doing great.
-Doug-
(The guy STILL trying to find an LC) :'(

Wow, excellent job, Doug! :icon_king: Such a neat eye catching display.

Keep digging!

That is an awesome display MM :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great for PR and I know you have no trouble finding places to hunt.
Hope more TNetters advance the hobby in like manner. :thumbsup:

ModernMiner said:
rtde3 said:
Those are so cool Doug! Well done as always! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob.
They just look neat on a wall. They draw a persons curiosity & attention to them.
-Doug-

It's great that you put your name on them too. I can imagine these presentations will turn into some good self-promotion for you, if they haven't already.

Bravo, my friend. :thumbsup:

Merf said:
That is an awesome display MM :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Great for PR and I know you have no trouble finding places to hunt.
Hope more TNetters advance the hobby in like manner. :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy said:
ModernMiner said:
rtde3 said:
Those are so cool Doug! Well done as always! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob.
They just look neat on a wall. They draw a persons curiosity & attention to them.
-Doug-

It's great that you put your name on them too. I can imagine these presentations will turn into some good self-promotion for you, if they haven't already.

Bravo, my friend. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.
Making these shadowboxes has seemed to open up a lot of doors for me. It's very easy to get permission to detect places now. Word of mouth travels quickly in a small town. ;D :thumbsup:
-MM-

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.
I have a lot of fun making these small pieces of historical art.
-MM-

Sorry I missed this Doug. You did a fantastic job doing that. That is so sweet :hello2: I should have done one for the old McDonald place

my sister bought me my whites as a birthday present7years ago the first Xmas I sent her something similar and so thank her for this great hobby she got me into . what a great idea as a gift . should open allot of doors and allot of eyes . we all need to be better ambassador's of this hobby. wtg nice stuf nicely done
rob. :headbang: :headbang: :coffee2:

Very nice display....gives me some ideas.

Thanks everyone. I enjoy making these displays, and it costs less than $20 to do. It does go along way in return. The owner loves it, and has turned me on to other properties too. :thumbsup:
-MM-

That is one well done display of relics and coins. I am sure the owners of that house will appreciate and cherish that thoughtful gift. That is really a great arrangement too. :icon_thumleft:

Nice job and a great gesture. Keeps the hobby looking good and may open doors for you. :icon_thumright:

That is beautiful MM
You are showing the rest of us how it is done.
Giving something back is the way to go.
We have to prime the pump.
Great work my friend. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back