1818 LC, Mass. Militia Button, A little silver and a first for us!! Pipe!

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to our new site, and we ran "relic mode" to try and weasel out a few more signals. Worked, as we got a 1818 LC, 1898 barber dime, a gold gilt Mass Volunteer Militia Button, a few other buttons including a huge Colonial, and a strange Glass pendant thing. Of course, tons of bails, pull tabs, and the other garbage! What I think is the best though, is my buddy pulled a pipe bowl with makers mark on it! We have never found one, and it helps us to date the site a little more. We're gonna give it one more run, after a good rain to see what's left. Thanks for looking, GL and HH!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476923253.035868.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476923269.359093.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476923295.101095.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476923306.008291.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476923317.971569.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476923332.457446.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476923348.865502.jpg

Upvote 7

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jordan, love that Mass Militia button--we found the same one a few months ago! The other finds are great too, shiny coins! Would love to see how that old copper coin cleans up. Congrats. ~Lisa & John

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Gonna try peroxide to try and bring her back to life! My buddy dug a dateless Connecticut Copper there last week so there is bound to be more!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a great button and I love the old pipe bowl too, those TD marked bowls have quite a history that may make a date attribution difficult. Try finding some stems, they will tell you more. I would sift the site before moving on though.

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a great button and I love the old pipe bowl too, those TD marked bowls have quite a history that may make a date attribution difficult. Try finding some stems, they will tell you more. I would sift the site before moving on though.

Thanks! I have never actually sifted a site. This one is pretty large, but all the great finds have been within a 10x10 area. We will try it for sure!

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks! Gonna try peroxide to try and bring her back to life! My buddy dug a dateless Connecticut Copper there last week so there is bound to be more!

That button looks like it has some gold guilt left on it. If you can get some aluminum jelly (not navel jelly) and brush some on with a soft toothbrush you will be amazed at how it comes out. It might take a couple applications but the gold will really pop. Nice finds!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job buddy. Looks like a great area with a nice history. Screwynewy is right on with the very careful jelly cleaning. You may be amazed at the difference. Keep killing these great hunts. It makes me happy while I'm working

OP
OP
TheGreatNorth

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job buddy. Looks like a great area with a nice history. Screwynewy is right on with the very careful jelly cleaning. You may be amazed at the difference. Keep killing these great hunts. It makes me happy while I'm working

Thanks! I will try the jelly approach. Hope to squeeze a few more coppers this year! Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread