Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I need to thank Deeponedge for taking me to his private site today. We finally got to meet up and do some huntin' together...and we had a blast. I've been helping him along with some settings tips through emails, etc...but we finally got to actually hunt together. :icon_sunny: He took me to a site on very private ground...but he's good friends with the owner who allowed him to bring me along. Boy I'm glad he did...but geeze...the flies were as big as hummingbirds...and nearly gnawed a hole in the backs of my arms. :tongue3: When they bit..it felt like a hornet stinging ;D
The site was pretty grown up...but what should I have expected from an old cabin site from about 1840 or so. You could still see the outline of the place ...but not by much. I felt like I stepped back in time.. as we were way out in the woods 8)
This was the ONLY coin I dug in 4 hours...but what a sweet dig ;D I think if we could have gotten our coils on more of the ground...we could have found more...but there was too much heavy stubble to fight through. ??? The landowner did hit the ground with a bush-hog...but the stubble was still hard to deal with. I would love to hunt there after it had actually been mowed because I know there's still deepies there.
This was an iffy but repeatable signal...and the cursor danced along the top of the screen...but then settled back to the right corner. :thumbsup: I dug a huge plug and then ran the probe...and got that sweet high scream. I was thinking it might be a half dime since deeponedge just pulled one out of there yesterday...an 1841.
I grabbed the small clod from the bottom of the 10" hole and pinched it. Out popped the 1831 capped bust dime...only my second one in 30 years of huntin'. :headbang: I found an 1829 last year but it's nowhere as nice as this one is ::)
Thanks for viewing my post and for sharing this with me. Good luck on your next hunt. :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• coins82.jpg
    coins82.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,091
  • coins83.jpg
    coins83.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,087
Upvote 0
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dgaughan said:
a beauty congrats
Thanks d

Fish-Gate said:
Great find SilverFreak!!! Your persistance on hunting old ground has paid off!
Thanks F.G.

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
That's such a cool coin, I want to find one. Awesome job you should go back there !!

Keep @ it and HH!!
Thanks Mud. I will...but not without a lawnmower and plenty of bug spray

Nana40 said:
OH Silver! :o That's just beautiful! I can only hope that my next one will look as nice! ...Maybe I should say, it would be a miracle if I ever find another, but if I did, I'd hope it looks as nice as that one! :D Great that you two are hunting together. Always more fun to have a buddy along to share your finds with.

8) Fantastic find!!! Many congrats!

Nana :)
Thanks Nana. it's definately more funthat way.

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...Once again, you make the impossible...possible. You're in a League of your Own...Congrats and HH

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wyattrr said:
Wow...Once again, you make the impossible...possible. You're in a League of your Own...Congrats and HH
Thanks wyattrr. I can't wait to get back out there...but will probably wait till the grass and weeds die down :thumbsup:

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
S.F. you are the silver dude :headbang: :occasion14: :headbang: Silver Jedi master !!

What a SWEET BEAUTIFUL coin !!
Keep it up ... I love seeing your finds :notworthy:

Derek :icon_study: :icon_scratch:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on a fantastic accomplishment.
I love those old coins with Liberty on the obverse and that crazy eagle on the back!
Why can't we have beautiful coins again instead of the junk the mint keeps turning out?[rant off]

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Sweet coin! Congrats on the Capped Bust! Great condition!
My oldest U.S. silver so far is an 1843 dime. I was so close!
Sorry for the late post. I haven't been on in about 2 weeks. (Been very busy).
Got alot of catching up to do.
I see you cut the hair! Wow.
I still got the mullet thing goin' on. :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread