Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I need to thank Deeponedge for taking me to his private site today. We finally got to meet up and do some huntin' together...and we had a blast. I've been helping him along with some settings tips through emails, etc...but we finally got to actually hunt together. :icon_sunny: He took me to a site on very private ground...but he's good friends with the owner who allowed him to bring me along. Boy I'm glad he did...but geeze...the flies were as big as hummingbirds...and nearly gnawed a hole in the backs of my arms. :tongue3: When they bit..it felt like a hornet stinging ;D
The site was pretty grown up...but what should I have expected from an old cabin site from about 1840 or so. You could still see the outline of the place ...but not by much. I felt like I stepped back in time.. as we were way out in the woods 8)
This was the ONLY coin I dug in 4 hours...but what a sweet dig ;D I think if we could have gotten our coils on more of the ground...we could have found more...but there was too much heavy stubble to fight through. ??? The landowner did hit the ground with a bush-hog...but the stubble was still hard to deal with. I would love to hunt there after it had actually been mowed because I know there's still deepies there.
This was an iffy but repeatable signal...and the cursor danced along the top of the screen...but then settled back to the right corner. :thumbsup: I dug a huge plug and then ran the probe...and got that sweet high scream. I was thinking it might be a half dime since deeponedge just pulled one out of there yesterday...an 1841.
I grabbed the small clod from the bottom of the 10" hole and pinched it. Out popped the 1831 capped bust dime...only my second one in 30 years of huntin'. :headbang: I found an 1829 last year but it's nowhere as nice as this one is ::)
Thanks for viewing my post and for sharing this with me. Good luck on your next hunt. :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• coins82.jpg
    coins82.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,091
  • coins83.jpg
    coins83.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,087
Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Big guy, WAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :thumbsup: That Capped Bust dime is frickin' sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Kyle

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, very nice find, worth four hours if you ask me. I'd be gettin the mower and the deet out for another round. WTG!

dave in iowa

Jan 29, 2008
iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Track, Minelab S.E. , and a Whites Prizm 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow great coin , where in ill are you ?

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and in good condition too. Sounds like a great place to take your mower! Good job!

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
SSaaWEEEEEEEET Buddy!!!!! I would walk all day sweating my arss off swinging around stubble to find something like that!!! Way to go! 8)

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Way To Go, Bryce!! :hello2:

If that was all I found in a week's worth of hunting, I'd be happy. ::)

What a terrific find! The coin looks great! I'd love to find one of those old silvers!! I've got to get my coil over some oooold ground!!

All it will take for you is a good site.....you and your machine are one!!

Congrats,
Dan
CAPTN SE

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your old silver. Even as a Brit I would love to find one 8)

christ-first

Mar 20, 2008
Sweet Home Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
man, you always find the good stuff !!! awesome coin ! you are an extremely dedicated hunter. that must have been tough to deal with all of those biting flies and tall grass for four hours. you're a better man than i my friend. good job :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Big guy, WAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :thumbsup: That Capped Bust dime is frickin' sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Kyle
Thanks Kyle. You should see the gnaw marks on the back part of my are from the prehistoric flies ;D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
SSaaWEEEEEEEET Buddy!!!!! I would walk all day sweating my arss off swinging around stubble to find something like that!!! Way to go! 8)
Thanks JRS. I just might tote my pushmower through the woods next time. ;D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Way To Go, Bryce!! :hello2:

If that was all I found in a week's worth of hunting, I'd be happy. ::)

What a terrific find! The coin looks great! I'd love to find one of those old silvers!! I've got to get my coil over some oooold ground!!

All it will take for you is a good site.....you and your machine are one!!

Congrats,
Dan
CAPTN SE
Thanks Dan. I appreciate your kind words. I wish there was a little more ground here we could get the coil over. The stubble was nasty. 8)

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
christ-first said:
man, you always find the good stuff !!! awesome coin ! you are an extremely dedicated hunter. that must have been tough to deal with all of those biting flies and tall grass for four hours. you're a better man than i my friend. good job :thumbsup:
Thanks C-F. The grass was okay for the 4 hours...but I was afraid the flies would gang up on me and carry me away. ;D

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Oh man, congratulations on digging that sweet dime! :thumbsup: That is one of my favorite type coins.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread