Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Charleston to visit my sister this weekend as a late Christmas. Carolina Tom(also known as Coin Kicker) called and said him and Todd Lipe both of the Charlotte Silver Mafia were going down also. Tom asked if I could find us a place to all hunt together on Sunday. I found a place and was there at sunrise on Sunday morning. They wouldn't be at site for a couple hours so I started hunting. 30 minutes later I pulled this Tag out. I called CT/CK and sent him a picture. Come to find out they were an hour away and stopped for gas and hunting an old school. Well I think they made it to the site in record time. I stopped hunting after calling Tom hoping they would find something good. We all drove up to site about the sametime.I finally got to meet Todd. And he is a super guy to hunt with too. I dug a Large Cent and some clad. Tom got a signal and kicked it with his foot but didn't dig it. About 15 minutes later I walked by his kick mark.and got a signal. Up.pops another Large Cent. I tried to explain to Tom unlike up in Charlotte you can't kick the coins out of the ground. We didn't find much else except for a cannonball fragment.But it wasn't from lack of effort. The first pic is like it came out of ground and I'm slowly trying to clean it.

IMG_20160112_161032.jpg IMG_20160112_162818.jpg IMG_20160112_062618.jpg IMG_20160112_163011.jpg

As a side note this piece of history would be lost by the end of summer as construction on some buildings are starting soon

Last edited:
Upvote 101

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hijacking= No Problem I usually yell take me to Cuba as I enter threads of OD Cjon Coin Kicker. Vino Bonepicker and EricinNJ
if you need to get it off your chest feel free brother and we all face that problem more and .more each year

Coin kicker is just wrong. One itty bitty tactical error and this is what I get.

"...take me to Cuba..." is a good one.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coin kicker is just wrong. One itty bitty tactical error and this is what I get.

"...take me to Cuba..." is a good one.
The Coin Kicker has spoken.
:notworthy:Carolina Kicker.:notworthy:
Hey tom, feel free to come down here to MS and kick up some coins for me.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Coin Kicker has spoken.
Carolina Kicker.
Hey tom, feel free to come down here to MS and kick up some coins for me.
BP he's pretty accurate. You'll only have to dig down an inch

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know ive heard of playing kicking the can, but never kicking the coin. :dontknow:
I need a huntin buddy like that.. :unhappysmiley:

BP you really need to come up next weekend. I think Todd and Jimmy going. Me and Jimmy headed back this weekend too. Hope you gonna be able to make it. Have couple locations lined up. One is field that hasn't been plowed in about 15 years but he said he would next week.Come on

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing rare piece of history. Congrats

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BP you really need to come up next weekend. I think Todd and Jimmy going. Me and Jimmy headed back this weekend too. Hope you gonna be able to make it. Have couple locations lined up. One is field that hasn't been plowed in about 15 years but he said he would next week.Come on
Thanks for the invite TBD. I will definitely think about it. If only it weren't soooo far. I used to work in Charlotte and that was a 12 hour drive non-stop.
Maybe I will come if you are willing to throw that slave tag under my coil when I'm not looking :idea1::idea1: , or if you can talk "CK" into kicking up something good for me. :walk:

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's going to take a lot of hard hunting to top your find!

JC I agree but why is it that when you find something good that you always want more? My find just proves its still in the ground waiting for someone to swing a coil over it and dig.

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the banner and more importantly the find! That is unbelievable. Very nice job!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the banner and more importantly the find! That is unbelievable. Very nice job!
Thank You. I have found many relics over the years but this was truly a find of lifetime for me being on top of my wish list along with that elusive CSA BUCKLE.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe I would put that on a nice copper chain and wear it on my neck in tribute to unknown slaves

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have highlighted this object - and the forum - on my current blog:

A Badge of Bondage | johnwinter.net

You can read about the penalty for a lost badge in my latest update.
Thanks to TYLERBDAD for allowing me to highlight his rather special find!
It's a cracker!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have highlighted this object - and the forum - on my current blog:

A Badge of Bondage | johnwinter.net

You can read about the penalty for a lost badge in my latest update.
Thanks to TYLERBDAD for allowing me to highlight his rather special find!
It's a cracker!

John thank you for your insightful write up. I believe it has added important info to this item. Many didn't know that Slave Tags even existed and that only Charleston required the use of them on the small percentage of slaves that were Rented out( for a lack of a better word) in several trade areas. I feel like sharing this item shows that items such as this are still out there waiting to be saved and the adds additional education of history to readers of this forum and your blog that we didn't receive in school. Thanks again TBD

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John thank you for your insightful write up. I believe it has added important info to this item. Many didn't know that Slave Tags even existed and that only Charleston required the use of them on the small percentage of slaves that were Rented out( for a lack of a better word) in several trade areas. I feel like sharing this item shows that items such as this are still out there waiting to be saved and the adds additional education of history to readers of this forum and your blog that we didn't receive in school. Thanks again TBD
My pleasure.
I'm so pleased that you approved!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly what it should be doing, rather than lining pockets. Good stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread