1842-O Seated Dime and Barber Quarter today

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Went to the spot where I found the 1848 Large cent on New Years Day. Well today was a good day as well. I found an 1842 O Seated Dime and a 1906 Barber Quarter. :headbang: :hello2:

I was digging in the area of the Large Cent. Dug so much trash my knees started to hurt. So I decided to move acoss the field and something caught my eye. I have dug so much silver out of this little area and today I found out why. I was swinging along and noticed that in the grass there was a distinct pathway that led to the old Antebellum home. I stood in the middle of the path and looked at where the path was leading and it dawned on me. The path is exactly where I have been finding all my Silver coins. It turns out that the grass around the path was dead and the clover lined the path just so I could see it. It was awesome. Well I started on the outside of the path. BANG got a good quarter/50 cent signal on the Ace 250 at 6"s..I cut my plug and pinpointed with my probe and nothing. Went back over with the detector and it was still there. i had a piece of dirt out beside the plug and I pinpointed it and opened it up and the quarter fell out. Oh I let out a big oh yeah...

On up the path had another dime signal. Dug down and there was the beauty of the Seated dime looking at me. It appears that someone put an x on both sides of the coin. And a mark on the edge. All and all a great couple of hours hunting. This is my oldest coin.

1842 O Seated Dime
IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

1906 Barber Quarter
IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

Upvote 0

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zax, that is one hell of a day. I know i don't have to tell you to hunt
the fire out of that place. Congrats on 2 nice coins.

U

umrgolf

Beauty of a dime :icon_thumleft: Not sure why youre using the Ace 250 when you have an F75 though :laughing7:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the nice old silver........great spot there :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silvers. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awe heck I'll admit it. I am not as good with my f75 as I am with my ace 250. Plus I find more coins with my Ace. Must just be me the user. I had a great day today. Silver finds 1 and 2 for 2010. Hope everyone else has a great year.

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys aren't kiddin. I also found clad and 1 wheat...Not sure of the date yet. But Seated and a Barber in the same day in the same area I have been hunting for awhile. Next time I am taking the F75 out. She is getting lonely. :thumbsup: :laughing7:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Congrats on the nice finds!
I'm still waiting for my first seated, but I gotta feeling this will be the year. I've learned an awful lot using the F75 this year so my chances are looking good.
Mike

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 coils for my F75. I am going to start taking it more often. I'm waiting to get some good full size headphones to use with my F75. My other pair broke so I have been using the Ace 250 with a cheap pair of headphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread