My OLDest silver yet.. (1716-1726 cut 2 reale)

U

umrgolf

Good evening Tnet..All weekend, my partner and I worked the same site that gave up the 1788 reales. So far this is the 7th spanish silver and 6th LC to come off the site.... Anyway back to today, I got the wheatie around 10AM and from then until around 1PM I only had 2 flat buttons to show for myself. Then, out of nowhere, I get a clad quarter reading 2 inches down and pull up the 1820 LC which makes four on the year now. Not 12 ft in front of that I get a 63-64 signal (a tad above a zinc penny) and pull out this beauty!! 1/2 of a 2 reale pistareen! :headbang: From the J, below the roman numeral II, we were able to date it from 1716-1726.. HH Jeff

half of 2 reale & 1820 LC uncleaned
IMG_0022.JPG

Silver plated pocket watch, ornate finial, 2 flat buttons, etc
IMG_0023.JPG

Lead (1 musketball)
IMG_0024.JPG

Pottery shards
IMG_0025.JPG

Group shot 1939 wheat, 1820 LC, 1716-1726 2 reale
IMG_0026.JPG

Obverse cleaned
IMG_0027.JPG

Reverse cleaned
IMG_0028.JPG

Upvote 0

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a site. That's the kind you dream about. Nice hunting.
I am still looking for my first reale anything. I have seen my
partners dig up all kinds of it.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Deno said:
Man what a site. That's the kind you dream about. Nice hunting.
I am still looking for my first reale anything. I have seen my
partners dig up all kinds of it.

Thanks Deno, it is definitely more than than one could hope for out of a single site.. HH in 2010 :)

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple great coins from your site. :thumbsup: Pocket watch is pretty cool to.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great site and hunt :icon_thumright: Saying that, what would you like to be your next find?

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thank you all! Unfortunately we have just about gotten all the obvious targets around the old house.. There is a big trashy area that should turn up a few more goodies though.. and oh, did I mention they plow this 1 or 2 acres every year :headbang: .. my next find?? Either a halfdime or a bust silver (neither of which I have :help: )

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice hunt! Congrats on your oldest silver :thumbsup: you and your partner are making some great finds.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
wow great finds, you guys are really tearing it up down there. Congrats on the old silver.

Is the ground soft enough to dig down there or do you have to chop through it?

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thanks guys.. Yes Bob, the ground at that site is really soft cuz there is still a lil grass left.. anywhere its bare dirt is frozen a good 3-4 inches down.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

timekiller said:
Nice finds again there! :thumbsup: Must be close to some water with the net leads I see. :wink:

Thank you TK.. indeed very, very close to water :laughing9: .. waitin for ur next post :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

timekiller said:
umrgolf2000 said:
timekiller said:
Nice finds again there! :thumbsup: Must be close to some water with the net leads I see. :wink:

Thank you TK.. indeed very, very close to water :laughing9: .. waitin for ur next post :thumbsup:
I gottcha, ;D Looks very familiar to me! :tongue3: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Hey TK, I've been meaning to ask you... When you say you hunt the river, are you diving for these finds?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread