1843 LC, and one of the coolest flat buttons ive ever found!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so last week I hit my campground for the first time and pulled 19 wheats and a silver roosie in 2 hrs, I was chomping at the bit to get back up there since, and today was the day, got the family all loaded up into the vehicle and on our way we went, cooked on the grill, did a little fishing and then on to what I really wanted to do.....detect!, I pull the detector out of the truck and one of the 3 owners shows up and flat out DENIES me the right to detect the property that ive already gotten permission from 1 of the others, so no need to argue, i just put the detector back in the truck and sat and had a couple beers. as i sat there all mad, i thought what the heck, ill try the woods behind the campground, glad i did, i got a 1843 large cent in pretty decent shape, and a large flat button that has a bullet hole right through it, i thought, how cool is that, i cant say ive ever seen one like that before!!, plus 7 of the most unfortunate wheat cents i have ever dug. So even though i made some good finds, im more frustrated that a good spot was taken away from me just like that, man this is tough this year between no permissions and hard to get permissions, makes a guy wonder. Thanks for looking and hh!!!! 20150530_203406.jpg 20150530_203519.jpg 20150530_205534.jpg f2.jpg f.jpg

Upvote 13
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer