1843 LC, and one of the coolest flat buttons ive ever found!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so last week I hit my campground for the first time and pulled 19 wheats and a silver roosie in 2 hrs, I was chomping at the bit to get back up there since, and today was the day, got the family all loaded up into the vehicle and on our way we went, cooked on the grill, did a little fishing and then on to what I really wanted to do.....detect!, I pull the detector out of the truck and one of the 3 owners shows up and flat out DENIES me the right to detect the property that ive already gotten permission from 1 of the others, so no need to argue, i just put the detector back in the truck and sat and had a couple beers. as i sat there all mad, i thought what the heck, ill try the woods behind the campground, glad i did, i got a 1843 large cent in pretty decent shape, and a large flat button that has a bullet hole right through it, i thought, how cool is that, i cant say ive ever seen one like that before!!, plus 7 of the most unfortunate wheat cents i have ever dug. So even though i made some good finds, im more frustrated that a good spot was taken away from me just like that, man this is tough this year between no permissions and hard to get permissions, makes a guy wonder. Thanks for looking and hh!!!! 20150530_203406.jpg 20150530_203519.jpg 20150530_205534.jpg f2.jpg f.jpg

Upvote 13

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice, Sometimes you have to think outside the box. I've found coins out in the middle of nowhere.

Same here, except almost every single old relic or coin I found has been in the woods and nothing not in the middle of nowhere :laughing7:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That permission sure didn't take long to dry up now did it. Makes one wonder why, don't it. Hmmmmmm...

Oh well, the world keeps spinning. Like the barber says.... "NEXT!"

At least you got a couple saves. Nice!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the permission. I know how excited you were about that one. The button is pretty cool. Lots to ponder there.

So, just what is your excuse? Haven't seen a post from you in a while. Taking a vacation? ;)

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even pick up on that bullet hole when you sent me that pic last night. I thought it was from you digging like a wild animal after a rotten carcass! Lol

I really like that button now. If it were mine I'd frame that sucker. It's big and offers food for thought. Wow! Incredible.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I thought it was pretty cool myself, and I don't recall every seeing one posted before, the possibilities are endless as to how that hole got there!

Wow! That permission sure didn't take long to dry up now did it. Makes one wonder why, don't it. Hmmmmmm...

Oh well, the world keeps spinning. Like the barber says.... "NEXT!"

At least you got a couple saves. Nice!

I don't wonder why the permission got dried up, I know its because of the 3 owners, the one is a tightwad and is afraid im gonna dig up his pipes and wires

WHICH ARE 12" down in PLASTIC CONDUIT!!! (yeah my father in law investigated for me lol) some people have no clue!!!!! what did he think I was gonna break out the bobcat or excavator and start pounding away, oh well, theres a bagillion more places I can get permission at, on to the next!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, just what is your excuse? Haven't seen a post from you in a while. Taking a vacation? ;)

More like the finds are taking a vacation. They must fear me because they certainly are hiding:laughing7:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like the finds are taking a vacation. They must fear me because they certainly are hiding:laughing7:
don't worry there old buddy, were gonna get out of this slump and on to some killer spots, I can smell it!!:thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about the owner revoking your permission... but glad to see that you got something good anyway! GL&HH.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the owner revoking your permission... but glad to see that you got something good anyway! GL&HH.

Thanks tom, that permission getting taken away really made me mad, I swore I was done detecting after that, almost 3 years at it and I don't have a true go to spot that I can hit time and time again, this was gonna be it but then I realized I'm slightly obsessed with this hobby and refuse to let this kinda thing keep me down, there's more out there!!

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great copper:occasion14: I love it when I find stuff in unexpected places. Up here ,you get that a lot. The woods in back of the stone walls weren't woods 150+ years ago

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good...I thought I was the only dumb one, lol!

maybe he thinks we cant get on a good site? lol I dunno

challenge accepted

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Undermined brought up an excellent point about the button with a musket ball hole.

Wouldn't that qualify as a banner find? If there was enough consensus amount the T Net members?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Undermined brought up an excellent point about the button with a musket ball hole.

Wouldn't that qualify as a banner find? If there was enough consensus amount the T Net members?
thanks but oh my god no, itd all be speculation
I appreciate the thought though:thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not speculation, truth, and it's not a stretch. Measurements could tell.

I think all the keys on WHADIFINDS keyboard are broken but the "censored" key! Lol!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks but oh my god no, itd all be speculation
I appreciate the thought though:thumbsup:

Hey, stranger things have happened with the banner in only the time I have been here, lol.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not speculation, truth, and it's not a stretch. Measurements could tell.

I think all the keys on WHADIFINDS keyboard are broken but the "censored" key! Lol!

I thought it was Alzheimer's kicking in, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread