Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out of the house for about two hours to get a detecting fix today. There was a lite snow falling and the temp was about 36. Not to cold as long as your dressed for it. I stayed close to home because of time restrants. I went to a grassy field about two miles away.Ground is pretty muddy but it could be a lot worst,Could be froze. I found a few things but nothing to brag about. After I was working my way back to the car I got an iffy signal. The meter was saying nickel and fairly weak but it was repeating. At about 5 inches down I spotted what looked like a dime on edge .I got it out of the hole and saw a that it said 1851? silver? 3 kreuzer. On the other side it says "Baden" . I know there is a village close to the Black Forest called Baden Baden .IT is about three hours from here.I don't know if that is the same place though. It is always great to get out and dig especially this time of year. I will get some pics up later after I get the mud cleaned off of everything.Merry Christmas and happy hunting! Took a while for the pics,thanks for looking. :)

Attachments

• 1851 kreuzer.JPG
    1851 kreuzer.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 573
  • 1851 kreuzer.JPG #2.JPG
    1851 kreuzer.JPG #2.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 569
  • Dec1805.JPG
    Dec1805.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
:) Great find and silver that is allways good but any historical coins are a great find keep up good work Merry Christmas too you and yours . keep the coil to the ground

Whitewings

Nov 23, 2005
Birdman, Somewhere in the dim reaches of my mind I remember that Gustov Adolpsun (spell?) lost a wagon load of gold somewhere in Thuranga. I dont remember the specifics but I think it was somewhere near Bittenberg (spell) about 1662 I think. There was something about the possibility that Tilly may have aquired it....I am 65 and my memory isnt that good anymore, but it might be a good winter research project.

Bill W

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Birdman, nice going. Merry Christmas. Tsgman

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Find******* When you see that Silver against the ground it just pumps you up to find more..Merry Christmas and Keep Posting more......Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread