1852 3cent silver

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Havent posted in a while. Was able to get out today for some much needed me time. Returned to a farm dating to the early 1800's. I have pulled several flat buttons and other relics from this farm but today I was going to the surrounding woods for a peek. I was only in the woods for about 20 minutes before I started up to a high point on the hill. Right away I started finding old glass then the signals came. I think this coin was the third hole I dug. I didnt have a camera or video with me so I had to take a video after I got home. I was out for about 2 and a half hours and dug much trash, many square nails .shotgun shells ,ox shoes, horse shoes, and the normal clad. Was so thankfull for this little guy to pop up about 4 inches in the ground. These are tiny and I never dreamed I would get one but now I have one. It showed up as iron on my antuiqe whites classic ID. I love mother nature and this hobby.

Upvote 5

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
hdmech71 said:
Not at all. It is an awesome coin and pic. I also agree on the poor quality and materials used in todays coins. Thanks for sharing.

Likewise. I have found some really corroded Lincolns in my front yard that I am fairly sure I dropped back in the early 2000's. they were almost in recognizable after just a decade.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful little coin!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in the woods about 200 yards away from the old slave cabin and smack dab in the middle of nowhere. I think I convinced myself that the woods are better than around the plantation.

There's a bit of wisdom in that last statement. For whatever reason, we "convince" ourselves that one path is better than another, then, we set out to prove our theory. ;) Funny thing is, we usually do! LOL

Now, was it ESP, divine guidance? (I subscribe to the latter)

But, the thing is, because we've decided it's the better path, we usually search a little slower, harder and more thoroughly. ;) If we're on a path we don't think is much worth our time, we'll hurry a bit to get it over. Something to think about, eh? ;)

I found my Trime right up against a tree trunk. I figured, the tree hadn't been that big "all" the time. LOL Because the coin was so small and light, it was almost on top and in wonderful condition!

Congrats again!
HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread