Wrapped up a site recently - here are the better finds.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I've made 4 trips to this site and put in about 12 hours of hunting. It was a c1800 home site that was unfortunately occupied up until about 20-25 years ago when it was torn down. That meant lots of new junk everywhere so most of the finds were made in the field away from the footprint of the house. There could be a few scattered finds left but its not worth the effort since I have other new places to check out. Best finds were a CS block I button, a 1/2 reale, and a 3 cent nickel. Still need to put together a small display case for the elderly owner as I promised and drop it off before Christmas. Hope everyone has time to get out and do a little digging over the holidays. Good luck to all!

Attachments

• godwin site finds.JPG
    godwin site finds.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 372
  • godwin site finds2.JPG
    godwin site finds2.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 14

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I have an arrowhead similar to the one on the left, same stone.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what are the three items in the bottom center of the group shot(?).....that face thing to the left of the buckle....the stamped piece of brass next to it (with the little hole drilled in it). - and the small thing marked "patent" right above it....I have found similar items recently...particularly those stamped brass things...thin..always a lot of curved lines on them...usually really random shapes but hard to tell if they were broken off something larger....I have one field where I have found several pieces like those.....they seem like they could be hardware from furniture or guns......

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds ! does the spoon have any hallmarks ? I'm assuming it's either coin or sterling silver Argentium.

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little site there Bill. Too bad the immediate house site area was so overladen with modern junk.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a nice haul. You know, when I've made finds like that away from the house, there has been even more around the house. As detectorists, we always must prioritize our hunting time, but I wouldn't write this one off completely. Might be worthwhile to pick through the junk, dig the deeper signals, etc. I do the same thing here. If there's too much trash vs. finds I move on. Congrats on a nice grouping of finds!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill,

Wonderful array of finds and very nice of you to put together a display case for the owner. I am in the process of doing the same thing for an elderly gentleman here whose property I was given permission to hunt. He really enjoyed seeing what I found. Great post as usual!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I know what you mean by "It's not worth the effort". Put it on the back burner and maybe one day it will be worth it. Love the digs!

Happy Holidays!

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
what are the three items in the bottom center of the group shot(?).....that face thing to the left of the buckle....the stamped piece of brass next to it (with the little hole drilled in it). - and the small thing marked "patent" right above it....I have found similar items recently...particularly those stamped brass things...thin..always a lot of curved lines on them...usually really random shapes but hard to tell if they were broken off something larger....I have one field where I have found several pieces like those.....they seem like they could be hardware from furniture or guns......

Pete - that thing with the woman's face on it appears to be some kind of inexpensive broach, maybe belonging to a child. The piece with "patent" on it is a keyhole cover from a small lock. And that item with the hole must be part of some kind of decorative piece from furniture. Its amazing what a large assortment of interesting finds can come from an old house site.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All in all looked to b a pretty nice site for only 4 hunts Bill. I've hunted sites alot more times for a whole lot less. lol.. GREAT gesture too!! CONGRATS.. HH

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
That was and probably still is a nice site. My favorites are the reale and the Block I button.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds! Silver really looks good next to all that green!

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds, The pic on the right has a face looking piece ( maybe a brooch )? I wonder if it maybe was the back of a hand held mirror. It looks neat to me. Almost a cameo looking style. Love the buttons, and coins also, Anyway,, the display of finds are awesome and I am sure the owners will also be thankful. Awesome Christmas gift anytime of the year. Cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread