Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the way home for work and a made a quick decision to head to an old pounded ghost town to give my Deus a try there. About ten minutes in and a real faint clean signal. Dug one of the biggest plugs I ever dug. Probe and wrist deep (around about 10 to 12 inches) out pops a penny. Assumed it was an Indian head and was more impressed that the machine picked it up. About twenty minutes of hunting before dark and scored a couple keepers. All were at incredible depths that my At Pro never picked up and the Deus did with ease. Anyway after getting home and taking a closer look. It turns out what I thought was an Indian was a toasted 1857 Flying Eagle. Bucketlister #2 since receiving my New machine. My other finds were a James Garfield Teacher President token, a Wheatie, and Marble. I have no clue what the copper disc with the square is. Sorry for all the pics. Couldn't really capture the Flying Eagle, and am trying to give different views..
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 11

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on the FE Will. That is one I don't have yet. Guess we don't have to ask how you're liking the Deus:tongue3:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job will, get used to digging deeper than you ever have before!

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the FE Will. That is one I don't have yet. Guess we don't have to ask how you're liking the Deus:tongue3:

Thanks! I actually was getting very frustrated with it hitting those infested can slaw places. That's why I decided to change it up, and it did exactly what everyone said it would do

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job will, get used to digging deeper than you ever have before!

Thanks! Gonna have to upgrade my digger instead of using the little handheld one

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome bucket list find Nepa. The green disc with a square is part a US or military branch insignia.

thG5951HKL.jpg

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, I have been wanting one of those for a long time! Great hunt, good finds, I love my Deus.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Will,
You are definitely going to need a bigger Boat!! Lol
Glad its working out for ya..

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its great that you were able to pull a date off that smoothie FE. Was your previous FE also an 1857, or have you completed the series by finding both the '57 and the '58?

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job on the FE. Strange how I hadn't seen any posted in a while then I go and get two last week and two other members get one today

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job congrats
Thanks!

Awesome bucket list find Nepa. The green disc with a square is part a US or military branch insignia.

View attachment 1245939

Thanks LD! Thanks for the ID on the disc too!

Congrats, I have been wanting one of those for a long time! Great hunt, good finds, I love my Deus.

Thanks Treb! I was getting very frustrated with the Deus until I took it to this early 1800's site that has been pounded. Gathered these finds in a 20 min hunt in a small little area. Can't wait to go back and see what else she can find down deep.

Great job Will,
You are definitely going to need a bigger Boat!! Lol
Glad its working out for ya..

Thanks Vino! Chris would probably drill a hole in it and watch me drown. :laughing7: just kidding. Going back there this morning and I'm gonna have more time to try some of those adjustments.

Nice job on the Flying Eagle. They are tough to come by.

Thanks Trez!

Its great that you were able to pull a date off that smoothie FE. Was your previous FE also an 1857, or have you completed the series by finding both the '57 and the '58?

I was lucky enough to see half of the 8 and the 7. Luckily they only made it for three years. This is my first FE.

Good job on the FE. Strange how I hadn't seen any posted in a while then I go and get two last week and two other members get one today

Thanks toasted! You found two! Definitely gonna check it out. You must have been stoked. With all the people on Tnet. I can't say that it's strange. I think as you see Tnet is busier and more people are getting out, or upgrading as I did. You're gonna see similar finds being posted.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seemed like the finds started to slow down but with this weather there's no excuse not to get out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions