1857 home site.

wolfhnd

Feb 26, 2005
Went out yesterday to a Home site that had just been demolished. The owner told me that they found 5 civil war 3/4 inch steel shots during demolition, the kind that were loaded into a cannon inside a canvas bag. When I saw them I could see the pattern of the canvas rusted into the balls. The Balls peaked my interest so I asked if I could go to the site.

In the first picture you see my spectators getting tongue lashed for burning brush, the owners mother had just passed away and they are cleaning the farm up for sale. The bare area in the second picture is where the old house stood. Last is my finds, not much to brag about but I had a good time. This was my first historic site to search and I'm not too disappointed about the finds just glad to get permission to go there.

Attachments

• Joann on truck.jpg
    Joann on truck.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 371
  • site.jpg
    site.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 386
  • treasure.jpg
    treasure.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COOL :) Thanks For Posting

J E F F

V

Vingamel

If you're in the Fort Osage Missouri area, you might check out history on the Blue Mills Ferry, not too far from Fort Osage.

And then you might also join our Kansas City group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KCMD/
We talk a lot about the history of the KC area.

Thanks for sharing those pics...that's fun stuff.

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
I would go back for sure. I would move away from the house site and look for other areas that might hold unkown finds.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
WOW. I must be tired, Is it me or did anyone else look at the last picture and not see the items at all, but the impressions of the items sunk in the concrete!? ??? I kept going back to the picture, and it took awhile for my brain to see the items correctly! Great optical illusion! The ring thing on the right is especially difficult for me to see. I still can't see it correctly! :-\ Nice finds though.

OP
OP
wolfhnd

wolfhnd

Feb 26, 2005
Thanks for the replys guys. I will go back if I get a chance. The owner does not live there so it maybe a while before they can let me in again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread