hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Re: What a rough neighborhood...

she may be happy to get the card back. save her a lot of hassle trying to replace it. its a shame but a lot of people in todays world really have the wrong idea about stuff like respect and morals.sign of the times i guess. :'(

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

we all have bad days. if i where you i wouldnt return any thing in a rough neighhood.this could be bad for your health. news report "do gooder shot by granny with big hand gun" ahahahahaha

tinpan

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",

Sad to come across things like this. I was picking up aluminum cans along a road one day and found a purse. Had all sorts of lady stuff inside. Found a wallet and drivers liscense. Looked up the address and call the lady. She came to my house to get it. Never said thanks or anything near that. I asked her how it ended along side the road and she told me she didn't know but was in a real hurry to leave. Very strange, Oh well takes all sorts, HH Art...

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

D,

good find.

If your looking for her; why not try and contact a small
local newspaper, if you have one. They would be interested
in the story, and may help you find her.
Just a thought.

Again, never know what you will find.

have a good un...........

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

punk MFers whos parent/s are one welfare...... >:(

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd just turn it in to the local law enforcement as found property. Who knows, if you are found to be in possession of it, they could accuse you! You could prove your innocence, but it would be a hassle. Monty

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Either what Monty said, or just drop it in the nearest mailbox and let the USPS deal with it. With good weather, it might get there in a couple of months. ;)

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia

The woods here are almost as dangerous as the inner city. Instead of moonshine stills we now have meth labs, and marijuana growers who are serious about protecting their investments. Good luck.

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good

Many years ago I was coming home on my motorcycle and saw a purse on the side of the road. I turned around, picked it up and rode home. I looked through it and found a wallet, checkbook and a few items like a compact and lipstick. I called the phone number listed on the checkbook to say that I found their purse and they sounded suspicious. They told me to hold on for a second and then a man got on the phone and said he was Sgt. so and so from the police department. Apparently someone broke into these peoples house while they were home an swiped the purse. The burglers emptied the valuables from it and tossed it out the window of their car on the way out of the neighborhood. Needless to say the police showed up at my door and questioned me about where I found it and why I brought it home. It was kind of easy to argue that if I was the burglar then why would I be calling them and why would I give them my name and address. I never did find out if they caught the bad guys, although I had to go down to the local PD to give them my finger prints so they could eliminate mine from the rest of the ones the found on the purse.

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Thats really nice of you to invest in some time looking up her SS. I have a friend that recently had a wallet they lost returned to them in the mail 7 years after it was lost. Nothing left but the drivers license inside...but still, it found its way back in only 2555 days.

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.

It makes me mad when you try to help out and then you are looked up as a criminal,
that is way no one stops to help anymore... :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread