VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since our part of Tennessee has had about 8 inches of rain during the last 10 days and Doug & I haven’t been hunting this week, we went back to the 1862-63 U.S. Infantry camp that we hunted in the spring. We only had 3 hours to hunt but found a few relics we had missed. Doug recovered a Merrill Carbine bullet which is only the second of that type dug there. I dug more square nails today than I have in all the other hunts combined. The soil was completely saturated improving the conductivity for our F75s. Our few finds are shown on our Modern Miner “relic rag”. The old relic rag could use a washing-LOL. HH from Doug & Quindy and we will be on new sites soon.

Attachments

• DSCN1292.JPG
    DSCN1292.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
Upvote 6

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt and classy congrats for a truly great find by one of our members. HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! Just got back in from a little celebratory shopping and what do I see. Awe..ya'll made me cry....and smile. :) Thank you so much.
Great to see you two out digging those great relics. I need you to ID that bullet I found the other day. You know I don't have a clue...except it's the same as Lisa's with the sprew. hahahaha
What a great punkin for your little one! I know she loves it...and her Papa.
Nana :hello:

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rain cuts both ways doesn't it? love the fact that you're still finding things in locations you've hunted before!

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry about the rain your way Quindy, but I always love and learn from all your posts and articles! Would the iron spike be identified possibly as a tent peg?

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry about the rain your way Quindy, but I always love and learn from all your posts and articles! Would the iron spike be identified possibly as a tent peg?

Very possible as it's too small to be part of a harrow used to bust up dirt clods N.O. & that's a picket camp manned by shifts of union Soldiers so it makes sense they had tents. It was dug on a flat space on top of the ridge as well which is a logical site for a tent. Thanks for looking & HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks WW & MikeRay!! Not a big day but at least we didn't get wet. We are very happy for Nana as a gold coin is on both of our wish lists. Thanks & HH, Q. & Doug.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rain cuts both ways doesn't it? love the fact that you're still finding things in locations you've hunted before!

You are correct as usual DV. I hunted that site on an unseasonably cool morning in July with very dry ground & came home with just one little brass washer used on a tompion or canteen stopper & 2 pieces of campfire lead. Rain really helps. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you! Just got back in from a little celebratory shopping and what do I see. Awe..ya'll made me cry....and smile. :) Thank you so much.
Great to see you two out digging those great relics. I need you to ID that bullet I found the other day. You know I don't have a clue...except it's the same as Lisa's with the sprew. hahahaha
What a great punkin for your little one! I know she loves it...and her Papa.
Nana :hello:

What? Honorary Tenn. Trio members don't cry!!-LOL. We want to see that coin submitted to W & E. I'm sending them the link to our video so you better submit it. I'll send you the info. HH, Q.

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very possible as it's too small to be part of a harrow used to bust up dirt clods N.O. & that's a picket camp manned by shifts of union Soldiers so it makes sense they had tents. It was dug on a flat space on top of the ridge as well which is a logical site for a tent. Thanks for looking & HH, Q.
Q, Very grateful for your expertise! N.O.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt and video as always boys:icon_thumleft:

How big was the freaking spider that built that web??Holy:censored:Big spiders,snakes you guys got it ruff man..

Big pumpkin=big smiles;D

~Blaze

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt and video as always boys:icon_thumleft:

How big was the freaking spider that built that web??Holy:censored:Big spiders,snakes you guys got it ruff man..

Big pumpkin=big smiles;D

~Blaze
I didn't wait to see JB-LOL. I was checking cows expecting calves soon & they walked into the edge of the woods & the early am sun illuminated the web. I couldn't get a good side camera angle. HH my friend, Q.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are a class act. That was one hard rain and it looks like you guys snagged some deeper targets. Any day hunting is better than a day at work. The mighty Cumberland looked full and muddy. Enjoyed the video very much.
HH

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like the rain can work for us both ways. Congrats on another good hunt, and the neat 'shout out' to Nana on her GOLD coin!

:)
Breezie

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the CW recoveries Q & D. Save some for me. :laughing7:
8" of rain!!!! That's wetter than a Depends convention. :tongue3:
Thanks for the Glenn Campbell tune. I love his music. Sad to hear about his current health condition. I always remember him in the original True Grit movie.

BTW- That is the most I have EVER heard Dman talk in a video. I was starting to think he was like Stallone earlier in his career when he only said a few words per movie.

-DUHg-

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really wish I could open the video. I always enjoy them. Even YouTube won't let me. I am headed back this morning to finish that last old farm house after 3+ inches of rain. Am really hoping some of it soaked in and helps out. Did you guys tell ModernMiner all new apprentice relic hunters must spend time polishing bullets in Dman's store? I'll keep trying the video.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guys are a class act. That was one hard rain and it looks like you guys snagged some deeper targets. Any day hunting is better than a day at work. The mighty Cumberland looked full and muddy. Enjoyed the video very much.
HH
Richard, the Cumberland was muddy but cleared quickly. Thanks & HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like the rain can work for us both ways. Congrats on another good hunt, and the neat 'shout out' to Nana on her GOLD coin!

:)
Breezie
We will do the same for you when you dig a gold coin Breezie & chances are good that you will in the area where you are. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions