Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Lisa and I went back to our favorite site and hunted for a couple of hours. This is the place where she recently found the Confederate engineer button. The site is so littered with square nails that it makes for a challenging hunt... but that's the kind of place that can hide the relics. ;)
100_4759.JPG
I found a spot that had several snap buttons. There is Scovill stamped on them, but I have no idea of when they were made. I found the buckles on around the back edge of the iron field. It's always fun to find them and I would have been happy to go home with just those keepers. I decided to go over the area where she had found the 'E' button and I dug up the Indian cent. Was thrilled when I discovered the date on it. 1865 That's the oldest Indian I have found and goes along with the time frame of the button.
IMG_7537.JPG

The owner of the property has discovered that she likes to detect too! We always take along an extra detector for her. She found this relic and we have no idea what it could have been used for. If you have any thoughts on it....
IMG_20131018_144732_391 (1).JPG
Yesterday I decided to visit the local thrift store. I had to smile when I saw this little soldier standing there on the shelf. Of course I brought him home. I thought 79 cents was a bargain. ;)
He's 8 inches tall....I may let him guard my relics. lol
100_4773.JPG 100_4774.JPG 100_4775.JPG

Have a great week..
Nana :)

Upvote 5

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like fun to me Nana!! That 1865 cent is a nice find. Who used the F75 this time-LOL. Maybe Rob (Creskol) can i.d. the iron relic with the stars. HH, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,
Great to see a post from you again. I take it the snakes are gone. :laughing7:
Way to go on the 1865 IH and those cool suspender clips. :thumbsup:

Good to see that you are hooked on thrift shops like yours truly.
I've never seen a Gary Coleman soldier. :icon_scratch: And it's even full-size. :tongue3:

-DUHg-
P.S. What I would give for a spot that has square nails again. I miss my old stomping grounds. :BangHead:

Attachments

• gary.jpg
    gary.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice bunch of finds. I like the little soldier.
Dman

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NanaPuddin, it looks like you and Lisa are off to a great season! Kudos on all of your finds. I particularly like the 1865 Indian; anything dated between 1861-65 makes me smile. The little soldier is cute, and MM and I must be on the same page cause I thought he looked like Gary Coleman in the face too! LOL
Way to go girls on your 1st -snake hunt! :thumbsup:

:)
Breezie

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the IH most of all Nana! Glad to see you are getting out.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
The toy soldier is probably a Buffalo Soldier. Their regiments had a distinguished history in USA military. Web research will tell you lots about them. I learned of the Buffalo Soldiers when I was hiking in and near hilly Fort Huachuca in southern Arizona, where they were based at one time. Andi

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll! :)
Quindy...Lisa started off with the F75, but switched back to the DFX after about an hour. I figure if she gives it a go for a few minutes every hunt, maybe she'll learn to love it. :laughing7:

MM....Gary Coleman, eh? I can see the resemblance! lol And the thrift store is the bomb! That's so much fun to visit. Sometimes I get lucky and find something neat.

Thanks, Burt. :)

Breezie....NO snakes! yeehaw! I didn't think summer was ever going to end.

Hi'ya Bird! :hello: How ya doin'? I see you're out of the states again? I hope you're finding some great keepers!

THANKS so much for that info on the soldier, Andi! I had no idea. I learned something new today. :)

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread