1876 whatzit ~ gold and silver in 1 ring..

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, wasn't planning on going to the Berg today, but I had to, it was so sweet outside...I actually got sunburned. Nothing too exciting coinwise, just a war nickel and 7 wheats, but I did find a neat ring that appears to be marked "1/20 10K ON STERLING"....the gold is flaking off and mostly gone. But I still think it's pretty sweet.

bergB-2.jpg

bergE-1.jpg

bergG.jpg

bergF-1.jpg

Mirage took me to an old site that he found...with prickers galore and clumpy grass and trash...Mirage found something pretty sweet, but I managed this thing with an eagle on it. I can read one of the dates, 1876, although part of the date is folded over. And I'm assuming the other date that isn't really visible is 1776. Any ideas as to what it is? Decorative piece maybe?
yoA.jpg

yoB.jpg

Thanks for looking guys! HH 8)

Upvote 0
LOL..... LOVE the chex cereal for a ring prop!

Congrats on the finds!

Perhaps your eagle piece with the dates is something from a centennial item? Looks pretty cool!

:thumbsup:

Your 1876 mystery item is a suspender clip that has been mangled by the plow.  No doubt it is a patriotic-themed U.S. Centennial item.  If you'd like an example of a similar one, I'm happy to post one.

Best Wishes and congrats on some Good finds,

Buckleboy

BuckleBoy said:
Your 1876 mystery item is a suspender clip that has been mangled by the plow. No doubt it is a patriotic-themed U.S. Centennial item. If you'd like an example of a similar one, I'm happy to post one.
Best Wishes and congrats on some Good finds,
Buckleboy

Ooooh, ok. Much thanks Buckelboy.

Appreciate the comments yall

Nate,
BB was right on as usual on the centennial suspender clip. I dug one last year when I was hunting the 1830's CW house with Burdie. Here's what yours would look like I believe.
Great finds buddy. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Attachments

• centennial.jpg
    centennial.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 502
  • centennial.jpg
    centennial.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 459
ModernMiner said:
Nate,
BB was right on as usual on the centennial suspender clip. I dug one last year when I was hunting the 1830's CW house with Burdie. Here's what yours would look like I believe.
Great finds buddy. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Ah, yea a little different style but yes, thanks for the pic. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back