Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was deprived of detecting for over 2 weeks with my new at max in the closet. So, the first afternoon I had to myself I went detecting.

I wanted to hunt the curbs of the old ā€˜main dragā€™ in my hometown after seeing some old photos. A old home with a double lot (home and apple orchard) got my attention and I decided to knock for permission. It was a crack house basically it looked like. Broken window on the front door. I didnā€™t even expect a answer. A young man answers and gave me a ā€˜yesā€™. He said the only people who use th front door are the cops :)

The hunt began. First target was a spark plug gapper. A decent sign.

Anyways, near the front door I had a good signal. Tight and into the low 90s. Dig dig dig. I see Silver! Wait a second... itā€™s quarter sized, but I donā€™t see a symeterical eagle, or the bust of GW... huh?? Barber maybe?? Huh?? Eagle looks really weird. Wait.. liberty has a flag... wait.... SEATED!! I didnā€™t touch the coin, except by the rim, and I put it in the car for when I have some water.

Stayed until dark, found another GW quarter. Zero wheaties, so strange. A 1903 v nickel, and a 1922 Idaho chauffeur badge.

Thanks for looking!

First seated. First v nickel. First 1800s Silver. Oldest silver. Oldest coin. A big day!

B870D15C-A626-4AE6-B230-CEC57C6EE945.jpeg
27C0CA91-3197-4848-8262-6A383AE71545.jpeg

Upvote 39

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Glad you got out and broke in the new machine! :occasion14:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat Site & Sweet Finds

I was deprived of detecting for over 2 weeks with my new at max in the closet. So, the first afternoon I had to myself I went detecting.

I wanted to hunt the curbs of the old ā€˜main dragā€™ in my hometown after seeing some old photos. A old home with a double lot (home and apple orchard) got my attention and I decided to knock for permission. It was a crack house basically it looked like. Broken window on the front door. I didnā€™t even expect a answer. A young man answers and gave me a ā€˜yesā€™. He said the only people who use th front door are the cops :)

The hunt began. First target was a spark plug gapper. A decent sign.

Anyways, near the front door I had a good signal. Tight and into the low 90s. Dig dig dig. I see Silver! Wait a second... itā€™s quarter sized, but I donā€™t see a symeterical eagle, or the bust of GW... huh?? Barber maybe?? Huh?? Eagle looks really weird. Wait.. liberty has a flag... wait.... SEATED!! I didnā€™t touch the coin, except by the rim, and I put it in the car for when I have some water.

Stayed until dark, found another GW quarter. Zero wheaties, so strange. A 1903 v nickel, and a 1922 Idaho chauffeur badge.

Thanks for looking!

First seated. First v nickel. First 1800s Silver. Oldest silver. Oldest coin. A big day!

View attachment 1518593
View attachment 1518594

Well you were not the Police , Big Kahunas you have.

Cool you got some Keepers from there before you were 'Ganked'.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds CoinFelcher. :thumbsup: That seated Q is about worn down to nothing.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now THAT was an interesting story. Sometimes the coolest finds are when you least expect them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread