1882 pat lock,buffalo nickel,sunday finds

junkhunter

Oct 4, 2010
Lock is hard to make out but is solid brass and may say"ames sword chic?p?? mass us?(?means i cannot make out letter).Also got a copper thing with big star on it.May have been gold plated at some point as it appears to have gold flakes.I almost threw button thing in trash till i saw it said "shamokin PA lark"Not sure what it is.Looked like your standerd jeans grommet till i washed it.(name of town here,we dont make jeans)

And best find of day was 1937 buffalo nickel.Almost had a war nickel but it was a 1942 pre silver one.Lock was below stone bottom of creek(man made)so proubly very old.Any id on star thing would be app.

Attachments

• sept2011 024.jpg
    sept2011 024.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 305
  • sept2011 025.jpg
    sept2011 025.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0

Shark27

Aug 5, 2010
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Nice hunt! that's one cool lock. I love getting keys and locks...sweet buffalo too.

Shark27

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
junkhunter said:
Lock is hard to make out but is solid brass and may say"ames sword chic?p?? mass us?(?means i cannot make out letter).Also got a copper thing with big star on it.May have been gold plated at some point as it appears to have gold flakes.I almost threw button thing in trash till i saw it said "shamokin PA lark"Not sure what it is.Looked like your standerd jeans grommet till i washed it.(name of town here,we dont make jeans)

And best find of day was 1937 buffalo nickel.Almost had a war nickel but it was a 1942 pre silver one.Lock was below stone bottom of creek(man made)so proubly very old.Any id on star thing would be app.

I'm 99% sure that "Lark" grommet was from the old "Lark" building which was located on the 2nd floor of the "Coal Hole" on Walnut street in Shamokin. My mom worked in that building, was a shirt factory on the first loor and a fellow named Lark owned the factory on the 2nd floor..........Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread