1890 - 1910 relics from fallen house, (need help)

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
So the relic hunters have found relics again! This house was built in 1890 and fell down years later. It was made of pasted rock, and the chimmey was handmade brick. The house is roughly 5 feet down in the ground, half of the rocks and brick is out of the ground. Here is a few things we found (uncleaned) and need help figuring out what they are. It was like a farm house or something, and I believe some of it may be to a woodstove? All is Iron

Attachments

• relics1.jpg
    relics1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 600
  • relics2.jpg
    relics2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 600
  • relics3.jpg
    relics3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 604
  • relics4.jpg
    relics4.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 601
  • relics5.jpg
    relics5.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 590
  • relics6.jpg
    relics6.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 596
  • relics7.jpg
    relics7.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 582
  • relics8.jpg
    relics8.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 576
  • relics9.jpg
    relics9.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 583
  • relics10.jpg
    relics10.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 572
Upvote 0

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 1 piece looks like a bicycle crank.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a bicycle pedal crank

I see a couple of wood burnig stove pieces there, and a big "?" on the rest.

Nice digs! :)

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
TreasureTales said:
What does it say around the edge of your relics8 photo? The 10" diameter round piece is probably a lid to the back burner of a wood stove. The back burners were larger than the front burners. I think one of two pieces might be part of the ash box on a wood stove, but without something in the photos for size comparison it's hard to tell.

Those handmade bricks might be worth saving. If you have the space available, why not grab a bunch of them if they are in good condition, and save them for use around your own place or for sales to people who are doing restoration?

It says Reservation Flush. (I think I spelled that right?) so no clue, or why it would be in such an old house???

Sorry about not adding size comparisons to it. I should have done that. I also disabled the date/time from the photos now so they don't block stuff.

I have about 10 bricks that are unbroken and almost in tip top shape. Has green mold or something growing on some, but look good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread