OP
OP
M

MCollett

Sep 26, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Equinox 800
Thanks! You are correct Mike. It is a key date. Only 610,000 minted in New Orleans I believe. Although I thought it looked in great condition, you can only make out the last letter of Liberty in the headband. All other details are nice!

borntohunt460

Jul 30, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome find!--- what kind of field was it? (corn, bean, etc..) And what was your strategy for covering such a large field? I attempted my first field hunt yesterday and there were no signals. The field is on maps back in the mid 1800s but after not hearing any signals, I stuck to the junky yard

OP
OP
M

MCollett

Sep 26, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Equinox 800
It actually is a cow pasture now. There was an old homesite on part of the pasture that belonged to my wife's great grandparents, dating back to the late 1800s. I was told that everyone that lived on the land was dirt poor and I would probably only find farming tools. I just started under an old oak tree and followed the flow of the pasture. There was low spots and water runoffs that yielded no hits. On higher ground and what looked like a road, I got the hit. It registered penny. I was fully expecting a newer penny when it dropped clean out of a crack in the red clay. I had to look at it a few times because I could not believe what I saw! No other hits the rest of the day, but that one made the day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread