1907-D Barber dime ~ 1935-S Washington Quarter ~ 1959-D Rosie dime

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hi All!

I met Ron down near the U of O to do some detecting tonight after work. Before Ron got there I poked around this steep slope for a minute and dug a 1907-D Barber Dime! I wanted Ron to go over this one area where I've been digging Merc dimes, Indian cents, wheats, etc. He's got an Explorer SE with that new PRO coil ~ I knew he'd find some stuff there too! I turned off my XLT and just watched him work it for a while ~ Sure enough ~ the first thing he digs is a 1943-S Merc dime! So I had to turn on my detector and try it out some more myself. He got a target and had me run my detector over it before he dug it ~ my XLT didn't sound off at all! So he goes to dig it and finds a 1948 Silver Rosie dime! That machine of Ron's gets some great depth!

So after a few more minutes I get a good target myself ~ I had Ron run his SE over it before I dug it ~ he says he thinks it's a silver quarter! I'm thinking "SWEET" . . . . so I go to dig it up . . . . sure enough, it's a 1935-S Washington 25c . . . . . . and I scratch the holy____out of it! DANG IT!!! Oh well, life goes on! I ended up digging one more silver coin before it got too dark to see ~ a 1959-D Rosie dime. I also ended up with four wheats that I can't make out any of the dates they are so corroded!

I took pic's of the three silver coins before and after I cleaned 'em up! The Barber dime is pretty ugly, low grade (I scratch it too!) ~ the reverse is better looking than the obverse.

Thanks for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• August25-2008dirtysilver.jpg
    August25-2008dirtysilver.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 464
  • August25-1907DbarberdimeOBV.jpg
    August25-1907DbarberdimeOBV.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 464
  • August25-1907DbarberdimeREV.jpg
    August25-1907DbarberdimeREV.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 464
  • August25-2008washington1935.jpg
    August25-2008washington1935.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 468
  • August25-1959dime.jpg
    August25-1959dime.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silvers, Neil :thumbsup:\
Bet you were very GLAD that wasn't a Barber or a SLQ :o :o
Gold Nuggets :icon_jokercolor:

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Neil,

Way to go on the silver finds! Were you back where we were hunting the other day? Do we need to trade in our XLT's??????

Mike

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
MikeOregon said:
Neil,

Way to go on the silver finds! Were you back where we were hunting the other day? Do we need to trade in our XLT's??????

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yeah, back in that same place you & I went over & over! I went back by myself & dug a 1951 dime & 1954 nickel together. Then I invited Ron ~ he digs a 1943 dime & 1948 dime ~ and I dig another 1959 dime & 1935 quarter! CRAZY!!!!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang O.C....you tattooed two of the silver coins ::) Just kiddin' buddy. I raked a roosey the other day myself..even AFTER the sunray probe told me it was on edge and off to the side of the hole. i still found a way to scratch it ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread