5 silver rosies
couple of mercs
1 standing liberty
1 franklin half
1 1869 seated dime
1 1874 canada half dime
1 rare teratorial token from montana that I sold for 1500.00
a bunch of wheats

That is my total so far and you have to admitt that its pretty impressive with a plain old Garrett and these were not all found in fields. I understand how you feel about the FBS detectors because I used to be the same way, nothing could come close to a Minelab and I still feel that nothing could but I am trully impressed since Garrett came out with its DD coil and have personally seen several occasions all last year where the AT pro out performed my SE Pro so I have to error on the side of the AT pro at this time. Try one and you will see what I am talking about they are trully great.

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol because it was 2010 and not last year it doesnt count?... you need a reality check dude as for all these great coins you find ...grtz that comes with the territory if your in a crap location that has 2 coins guess what...your only going to find 2 coins ...you cant make coins appear in the ground that arent there in the first place i only wish i lived by you so i could go out and show you it doesnt take a 1400 dollar metal detector to find coins at 9 inches ....i understand why you get upset i would be too f i spent 1400 and a guy that spent 300 can dig coins at 9 inches just as often as you do....go ahead flame on

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol because it was 2010 and not last year it doesnt count?... you need a reality check dude as for all these great coins you find ...grtz that comes with the territory if your in a crap location that has 2 coins guess what...your only going to find 2 coins ...you cant make coins appear in the ground that arent there in the first place i only wish i lived by you so i could go out and show you it doesnt take a 1400 dollar metal detector to find coins at 9 inches ....i understand why you get upset i would be too f i spent 1400 and a guy that spent 300 can dig coins at 9 inches just as often as you do....go ahead flame on

Every year it gets harder and harder to find silver in public spots. It's not being replenished. That's why i asked for 2011. The same spots I went into and dug 40 silver in a week in 2010, I can no longer go back and replicate that at the same spot. As for depth, that's not my biggest concern at all. I find more silver in the 4-6" range than the 9" range. But how can there still be silver at 4"? There are so many great lower levels machines that they should have obviously been able to hear it and find it?!?!? I mean, they can air test silver dimes at 9"!!!! As for spending $1400, you aren't even close. I have 2 explorers, with extra coils and sunray probes on each one and I didn't spend $1400 combined. So there goes your theory about me feeling bad that I spent so much money and your theory that I'm concerned about how deep your detector can detect. What else can you throw my way?

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1874 federal sword plate
three tokens from Montana that are booked at around 200.00
3 buffs
2 V nicks
1 Barb dime
5 silver rosies
couple of mercs
1 standing liberty
1 franklin half
1 1869 seated dime
1 1874 canada half dime
1 rare teratorial token from montana that I sold for 1500.00
a bunch of wheats

That is my total so far and you have to admitt that its pretty impressive with a plain old Garrett and these were not all found in fields. I understand how you feel about the FBS detectors because I used to be the same way, nothing could come close to a Minelab and I still feel that nothing could but I am trully impressed since Garrett came out with its DD coil and have personally seen several occasions all last year where the AT pro out performed my SE Pro so I have to error on the side of the AT pro at this time. Try one and you will see what I am talking about they are trully great.

Those are some nice finds there. I cannot argue that.

I have no desire to try one. Until I see here on tnet or in person an AT Pro user posting 5-10 silver found per hunt, I won't have any reason to believe it's worthwhile. Heck, I've stopped bringing my silver to our local detecting club meetings and posting them on the website. I got tired of people seeing my 20-60 silver each month and then going to buy an etrac or used explorer. Club hunts at public parks are much more enjoyable when the 10-15 other guys that show up only find 2 silver between all of them and I'm sitting there with 30 old coins in pouch for the day.

It's a simple numbers game. If this machine was equal to the Explorer line, you would see gobs of people posting 100+ silver in a year with it, and you just don't see that. We can argue about nail tests and how deep it goes all day long. Who cares? Show me REAL WORLD RESULTS from people detecting PUBLIC locations! Anybody doing private yards can pull 100 silver in a year. But how does their machine handle a public location that has has people detecting on it every good day for the past 40 years? The AT Pro fails in this test.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have done it twice with an AT PRO. One was working the curb last spring and the other was this last Christmas at an old ball field.

Minelabs are great at finding silver... but it's not the only wrench in the tool box that gets the job done. I'm just not a "branded" person and have used 6 different detectors over the last 28 years.

The guy is gonna find his silver with the Ace... he just has to get used to it and get over it..... not necessarily buy a better machine.

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done it twice with an AT PRO. One was working the curb last spring and the other was this last Christmas at an old ball field.

Minelabs are great at finding silver... but it's not the only wrench in the tool box that gets the job done. I'm just not a "branded" person and have used 6 different detectors over the last 28 years.

The guy is gonna find his silver with the Ace... he just has to get used to it and get over it..... not necessarily buy a better machine.

Ive already found my first silver was a hand made 15.3 gram silver ring from the old days ...got a rosi and yesterday a 36 merc... i know the machine pretty well now ive had alot of time on it the last month hunting about every day ...i just live in a tough area i can drive 20-30 miles between towns in the northern part of wisconsin its not like the big cities these are small towns around here with alot of pressure from others besides myself but i will keep after the hunt tomarrow i have permission to hunt a school turned into a house my friends dad went to school there 60 years ago im not real sure of the age of the school but it sounds old enough to try

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was driving near an old bridge I saw being repaired and decided to pull over and hit it for a few minutes. Found this Merc 14"(1942) down with my 350. Signal had that loud and clear silver hit. Belltone went wild. I find it easier just to go by the tone hits. I haven't looked at the screen in weeks. I do better when I just listen to the tones.
Point being, not a bad depth hit for a 350...

Last edited:
OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would been even better if that was a 2 over 1 stamp ...would pay for alot of gas thats for sure

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right!! Hahaha!! Ya' know, I just enjoy finding treasures in the ground. I'm glad I'm not like Bazinga. Sounds like md'ing for him is more of a chore than an adventure/fun. Finding that Merc is no big deal, but it's a treasure none the less. Knowing that someday all the change I've dropped will become treasure for someone is pretty cool too...

Almost makes me want to drop a couple of good things for someone to find, hahaha!!

Last edited:

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did want to add that I could be off a bit with the depth. I didn't have a ruler with me and used the blade of the Lesche as a measuring device. I will say without doubt that it was down a foot. Lucky day...right place,right time.

OP
OP
dustytrails123

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did want to add that I could be off a bit with the depth. I didn't have a ruler with me and used the blade of the Lesche as a measuring device. I will say without doubt that it was down a foot. Lucky day...right place,right time.

I got a good hit on a dime at 9 inches in dry gravel dirt around a ball diamond next to 3rd base hadnt rained for afew days so im sure with good raid its very possible to go a foot or more ....some of the haters will tell you the garrett cant even go 9 inches but let them flame on....if i ever start using my nel big i could see digging coins 2-3 inches farther then the dd coil allows but my arms get tired in about 10 mins with that monster
securedownload.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread