1915, 1916 Silver.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
A little late posting this but hey, better late than never.

I tried to hook up with Dan for a ā€˜berg hunt but our schedules didnā€™t match. Also, Nate had other plans. Anyway, solo I went for a few hours. I cleared some brush and within the first hour I found 3 silver coins and a silver spoon. ;D

3silverdirty480.jpg

The Merc was all caked over with dirt so I couldnā€™t see the date. On the drive home I was thinking that it could be a 1916D. $$$$$. Well when I got home and started cleaning the coins I started to see what looked like a 1916! Immediately time appeared to stand still and I was oblivious to everything else. I cleaned it some more and verified it was a 1916 in excellent shape. I flipped it over and carefully cleaned the back. My out of body experience ended when I didnā€™t see the D. Still a nice find. :) Itā€™s the first 1916 Nate and I have found.

1916merc400.jpg

The silver spoon turned out to be a nice find. It has a patent date of 1909 and dated 1915.

SpoonCompositeA.jpg

The rest of the stuff:

silverandwheats800.jpg

Finally, a picture of the girl who broke my heart. :'( She no longer has any interest in metal detecting. Never mind she was only 11 and only did it for about a month or two. ;) :D Maybe some day she will returnā€¦. My daughter just tuned 16 and Iā€™m sure this is what she was wishing before blowing out her candles. ;D

Racheledit.jpg

HH all,

Bob

Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage - Nice silver and nice lookin' 1916 Merc. 56 Wheats!! Can't shake a stick at that.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread