1923 peace dollar!!

Dirtminer

May 8, 2012
Candia New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
A new Garrett AT PRO, Discovery 2200 and a Bullseye II pinpointer. Brand New Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465182661.135967.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465182673.560000.jpg My wife had just bought another house. She is a real estate investor. So going through the shed through all of the "leftovers" and found a case in the loft that should have been empty but now I shake everything from my time in the woods digging. Upon opened nh the black and decker drill case out popped these two beauties. And a prescription bottle filled with jewelry. Silver necklaces and a pair of two carat diamond stud earrings that hopefully are real. A gold bracelet and pendants. Well here are the pictures of the medicine bottle filled with jewelry. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465340193.471261.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465340213.380407.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465340234.071837.jpg so after using my handy dandy calipers. I found out that the studs measure 6.5 mm which means that they are 2 carats each. For a total of 4 carat weight. The backings of them are real on the connector and on the shaft they say 92 5 which they are real silver. I'm going to have them looked at this week hopefully they're not cubic zirconia. What gives me hope about the reality of these earrings is that the rest of the jewelry that was in the container is real silver. necklaces. bracelet is gold plated silver with sapphires and the necklace pendant is amethyst surrounded by diamonds.

Last edited:
Upvote 17

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet to bad it wasn't the 1928.Still money for free.Your 71 is clad.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Your coins are beautiful! :icon_flower::blob9::icon_flower: I found my 1923 Peace dollar in an odd way also -- while waiting for my son to show up with our shared detector, I spent 20 minutes slowly walking over the old field searching for eyeball finds, spotting a dusty Peace dollar amid the rubble! He's since upgraded to a Teknetics machine, but often I eyeball wood-chip parks as I pass by them when not detecting, resulting recently in a lovely silver ring with faceted stones. Have Fun! Andi

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IT DONT GET NO EASIER THAN THAT , NICE FINDS ..

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coins are in great shape and congrats on your finds and thanks for shaing.

Texas ED

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost gift wrapped for ya!
Sweet saves!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some people have all the luck. :notworthy: I bet you've been dreaming of a find like this for the longest time. Congrats on the found treasure. :occasion14: Now you need to dream bigger. :thumbsup:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds like Christmas for you!!!!!!!!!!!1

OP
OP
Dirtminer

Dirtminer

May 8, 2012
Candia New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
A new Garrett AT PRO, Discovery 2200 and a Bullseye II pinpointer. Brand New Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been digging everything for five years this is certainly a pay off for all of the effort and beer cans pulltabs bottle caps square headed nails cats bones dentures and ticks and poison ivy. This stuff may not be worth a fortune but this is one of those moments. This is why we do what we do. not so much for the value of things but for the stories and the excitement of finding something.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I've been digging everything for five years this is certainly a pay off for all of the effort and beer cans pulltabs bottle caps square headed nails cats bones dentures and ticks and poison ivy. This stuff may not be worth a fortune but this is one of those moments. This is why we do what we do. not so much for the value of things but for the stories and the excitement of finding something.

you are so right :notworthy:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread