1926 school house and first ring..but what the heck is it?

L

labnewbie

Hi,

This forum is awesome! i get completely jazzed looking at what people are actually finding!I went to a school built in 1926 and still in use at the present.Started out with the usual clad but found my first ring and my first buffalo nickle.Made my morning.In all 2 clad quarters,3 wheats for the 40's,a 58 Roosevelt dime,the buffalo nickle,a washer.a girl scout pin(dated 1980) a button with a star on it,a key and this odd ring.Its not a child's ring and it has the same writing on the inside and outside.I am clueless as to what it is my 8 year old thinks it"precious" from the lord of the rings lol.Good luck all

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 588
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 557
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 563
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 556
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 558
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

What is the inscription on the ring? It's too hard to make out from your pics.

HH

Lonewolfe

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Lab, what strategy did you use to search the school house. I found an old one there is a park there now but the building is still there any suggestions

Thanks Acevillav

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Newbie to the forum ! Looks like you got a nice variety of finds. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Good Luck in the future !

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
L

labnewbie

Thanks all, as far as the inscription on the ring it looks like no language that I am familiar with.The inside inscription is really quite clear i will try and get a better photo.As for strategy its an older school with one of those brand new playgrounds.I hit the local library and found a newspaper picture of the school from 1954 and it showed the location of the old playground.It was set back underneath whatare now 3 huge oak trees.Thats where the older stuff came from.I need to go back as me and the minelab are not the best of friends yet .I am sure i missed a bunch of items.Again this foreum is awesome!

Best Regards

OP
OP
L

labnewbie

OK,

here is the best i can do as far as better inscription pics.Unless there is a trick i dont know this is the best i can get.

Best Regards

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 490
  • MVC-026S.JPG
    MVC-026S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 492
  • MVC-027S.JPG
    MVC-027S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 500

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the odds you have it Upside Down ?

Attachments

• iring.jpg
    iring.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 460

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, hunt and research! ?I think it does look like a Lord of the rings type ring. ?Any hallmarks in it? ?Some of those "precious" rings go for a few hundred $$$. ?You're daughter is probably right. ?HH, Mike ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either ay it Looks Foreign.

cool find

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
it is a Lord of the rings .. Ring i have one just like it... it is from the first movie... the changed the looks of the ring after every movie.. Great finds....

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds you get an A! The writing looks Arabic to me.

Could be a Lord of the Rings ring, looks like one...

Now that I study it and looked it up I am almost 100% certain it is a LOTR Ring or Precious. LOL, what a great find you found the most powerful and evil thing in the world, WTG!!

Here is a picture of one for sale
Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• LOTRRing.jpg
    LOTRRing.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 397
D

Deadshot

Guess there is only one way to know for sure. Put it on and if the world goes all swirly and you dissapear you know what it is. ;) j/k
Great finds, going to the library for the picture of the old playground was a great idea. I think i might go give it a try :P

HH

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
NICE RING!!!! I FOUND ONE JUST LIKE IT AND COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT. HERES A PICTURE OF IT. MINE UP CLOSE IS IN THE LOOP IS PLATED. IT LOOKS LIKE GOLD ON THE ENGRAVINGS AND WHITE GOLD ON THE OUTSIDE? MAYBE THEY GAVE THE RING AWAY WITH SOMETHING ELSE THAT WAS BOUGHT? I FOUND MINE IN A SCHOOL PLAYGROUND. WHERE DID YOU DIG THIS ONE? COOL LOOKIN RING THOUGH. KEEP ON DIGGIN. THE ROOSTER

Attachments

• ms daves 007.jpg
    ms daves 007.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 389

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread