1926 school house and first ring..but what the heck is it?

L

labnewbie

Hi,

This forum is awesome! i get completely jazzed looking at what people are actually finding!I went to a school built in 1926 and still in use at the present.Started out with the usual clad but found my first ring and my first buffalo nickle.Made my morning.In all 2 clad quarters,3 wheats for the 40's,a 58 Roosevelt dime,the buffalo nickle,a washer.a girl scout pin(dated 1980) a button with a star on it,a key and this odd ring.Its not a child's ring and it has the same writing on the inside and outside.I am clueless as to what it is my 8 year old thinks it"precious" from the lord of the rings lol.Good luck all

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 588
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 558
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 556
  • MVC-015S.JPG
    MVC-015S.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 563
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0

b1pw3ha

May 17, 2005
Pittsburgh-Pa
Yes you are correct. It is a lord of the ring , ring.
The inscription on the ring is elvish and it says:
one ring to rule them all,one ring to find them,one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

luvmydfx

Mar 21, 2005
I found one exactly like it a couple of months back. I think it is either plated copper or pewter. I am glad to know what it finally is. Sorry haven't been on here in awhile folks, work is going to be the death of me, but hopefully not the death of my detecting.

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
Hi I'm a newbie too! ;) Looks like all votes have it settled already it is LOTR and I don't need to throw my 2cent in LOL! But welcome to a VERY friendly place! ;D

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Cool finds!!! looks like ya got a nice site to detect...
Love the ring, loved the movies, love the ring, want me to hold it for ya... ::) Ooops, sorry but that ring is powerful... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread