1934 Baltimore Horde Find!

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Can you say college fund ?? LOL i hope the mom and dad do something like that for them or maybe a trust fund .Those are a couple of lucky duckys !

OP
OP
buscadero

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I hope they became instant Coin Collectors or they may have been forced to turn them in to to FDR's Treasury For FACE VALUE return.

In 1934 it was illegal to possess Gold Coins unless you were a collector.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Here, I'll give you one to cry about.<G>
Two cousins living outside Waynesboro,Va were playing near an old torn down house.
The rock chimney had a loose stone in it just above the opening for the fireplace on the inside.
They pulled the rock out and found an old leather bag with "yellow coins" about the size of a quarter.
They took them and showed one to an adult male and asked if it was money.
"No, it's not worth anything".
So they used them for skipping stones across the river until they found that if they "spit on them and spin'em as they put them into a ciggerette machine for a pack of camels with two pennys taped to the pack.
The store owner would come out and chase them off when he saw them.
Later, he stopped chasing them off.

This happened back in the early to mid 60's. I got the story from both of the cousins, who still lived there over a couple of beers. They were both about 10 or 11 years old at the time.
And you thought Huckle Berry Finn was made up. Mark Twain must have known two boys just like these.<G>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread