1943-s Merc Dime ~ 1954-s Rosie Dime ~ 5 wheat cents ~ clad

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

Today was the perfect day for metal detecting ~ clear sky and very wet ground from the previous rainy days!

Today was our club's monthy outing ~ we hunted from 9:am to noon. After the hunt I drove out to the small town Marcola to check out a lead on some property where there was a big shoot-out between the police and some moonshiners in the 1920's. I was very excited to see what might be found out there! To make a long story short . . . . the land owner failed to tell me that he brought in a lot of fill dirt years ago ~ and I didn't find anything good ~ just some junk! Not even one modern coin! Oh well, it was worth a shot.

I decided to head back into town to do a little bit of hunting before the sun set ~ I only had about an hour of daylight by the time I got downtown. I didn't waste any time ~ here's what I found today (totals from the club outing plus the later hunt):

1943-s Mercury Dime
1954-s Rosie Dime
5 wheat cents dating from 1927 to 1958
3 clad quarters
15 clad dimes
4 modern nickels
51 memorial cents

The Merc dime & Rosie dime are my silver coin finds #92 & #93 for the year. My goal is to beat my silver count from last year ~ in 2008 I dug 104 silver coins. Only 12 more by Dec 31st to hit 105!

Thanks for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• Nov14-2009dimes.jpg
    Nov14-2009dimes.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least you got some more silver, Neil for your yearly totals. Too bad about the shootout property. That may have been interesting ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread