1946 Washington Quarter and a Honking sterling ring!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went down in the morning to a different lake, on the way I seen a older gent in his yard, his foundation told me early 1900's. He told me yes go at it. His son said you have 30 minutes, this place has been hit over and over. I dug three targets, stinking Lincoln at 6 inches:BangHead: a brass widjet/whatsit and a 1964 Canadian penny at 3 inches! Left there (the old guy liked me but said insurance and his neighbor lady got tied up and robbed, other neighbor got robbed so he gave me two cucumbers out of his garden and sent me on my way) Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he must of wanted to let me hunt and felt I need cucumbers! The new lake was no good, nothing there

Soooooo I head for the lake Iv'e been hunting after I stopped back home for lunch (have to feed the machine)was there for a three hour tour.
Enjoy the pix, HH and GL
Brad
The ring is marked sterling and weighs 11.1 grams

Forgot to tell you all, that ring rang up a perfect 92, every direction.I thought I had a silver dollar!

Attachments

• IMG_20140717_162641.jpg
    IMG_20140717_162641.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20140717_162649.jpg
    IMG_20140717_162649.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20140717_162700.jpg
    IMG_20140717_162700.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 74
  • SAM_0576.JPG
    SAM_0576.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 91
  • SAM_0578.JPG
    SAM_0578.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 95
  • SAM_0579.JPG
    SAM_0579.JPG
    480.3 KB · Views: 85
  • SAM_0581.JPG
    SAM_0581.JPG
    438.1 KB · Views: 78
  • SAM_0585.JPG
    SAM_0585.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool ring and that quarter looks like it's been used in a slot machine the way it's worn down on the edge!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver!!! But the find of the day was the cucumbers! !!!! Nother better then a cucumber salad with oil and vinegar. ..

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt right there !!! killer siver ring w/ weight to it.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice, good hunt!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
again with the good stuff, you are blessed with good lakes that you can hunt, the water has come to me but the hunting is still about the same at this point! LOL

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt right there !!! killer siver ring w/ weight to it.

That is by far the heaviest ring I have found to date,I have always thought of silver as being light.

Thank you all you guys for your comments

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver!!! But the find of the day was the cucumbers! !!!! Nother better then a cucumber salad with oil and vinegar. ..

Vino, I respect your hunting abilities but I must adamantly disagree with you Sir! A fresh red home grown tomato is the feast of a King!

You're having a ball with this water hunting, aren't you? My gf goes back to work tomorrow afternoon, so I may have to load up the kayak and try one of the river islands here. You're making me want to try it!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vino, I respect your hunting abilities but I must adamantly disagree with you Sir! A fresh red home grown tomato is the feast of a King!

You're having a ball with this water hunting, aren't you? My gf goes back to work tomorrow afternoon, so I may have to load up the kayak and try one of the river islands here. You're making me want to try it!

Don't do like I did and forget to put the cap on the headphone Jack.I didn't have the waterproof headphones at the time. Haaaaaa, don't tell Garrett

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old dude and Vino, the best are Jersey tomatoes fresh out of the garden cut up with the cucumbers mixed with extra virgin olive oil and Colavita White Balsamic vinegar. Try that you two then talk to me!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old dude and Vino, the best are Jersey tomatoes fresh out of the garden cut up with the cucumbers mixed with extra virgin olive oil and Colavita White Balsamic vinegar. Try that you two then talk to me!
Oh you silly boys! Maine soil grows the most delicious veggies on earth. Clean air clean soil and just the right amount of sun and rain.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you forgot the bacon, gotta have the bacon!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh you silly boys! Maine soil grows the most delicious veggies on earth. Clean air clean soil and just the right amount of sun and rain.

NJ is the "garden state" best tomatoes on earth.

Thanks dig, so weird I have got a dragon and an elephant ring, both made of silver in the same spot. One was in the open water just off the end of the pier along with that quarter. The ring was under the pier. I'll be back under the pier later today, yesterday I was under there for two hours. It is about 30 ft wide and I have three more sections to do. The next few are going to be a little harder, it is not as deep, so I'm going to shorten up my detector and use a hand scoop.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt. Congrats on the silver. You have really been busy lately hauling in the goods. GL&HH this weekend.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Dragon ring and silver quarter! And free food! Score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread