One Park = Bar Raised Pretty High

Qlone

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello.

I have been trying my luck metal detecting for only a few months so far. I found my Bounty Hunter 2200 or something in a trashcan a year or so back. I have been hitting some local spots within walking distance from home mostly. One park with no real noteworthy history that I have heard of or found, has been very hot for me the last couple months.

I found my first silver there about two months ago a 56 Washington in great shape. A week or so later and maybe three yards away my second silver.. a 40's Merc. Then just two days ago three yards from both the quarter and dime I find me a 1750 One Reale.

Now today thirty some yards from this silver node I dig a signal and pop out a 40 wheat, I was happy as this was only the second wheatie I have found. I close the hole rescan and it has a friend. I dig an adjacent hole and pop out a crusty quarter that looks "to big" to be a crusty quarter. Close the hole rescan and it still has a friend. Dig yet a third adjacent hole and pop out a zincoln... The crusty quarter turns out is a 1826 matron head large cent.

The large cent has really good detail. Spots I rubbed to see what it was is down to the dark brown. Areas still covered with dirt still have green oxidation just beneath the dirt. What should I do with it?

I thought I was going to be hoping for just modern silver for a long time before digging the reale and large cent. Just when I thought it wasn't worth going to this park again, they keep popping out and stuff got older. I feel like I hit the lotto the past few days. Sure do wish I could snap some pics hehehe.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread