1952 D wheted penny

treasurer

Sep 11, 2012
Found it in my yard. And I want to know were I can sell these coins that I find or other treasures..

image-1592809898.jpg

Front

image-1404695792.jpg

Back

Upvote 0

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad looking wheat penny, if you found it in your yard I'd be looking for Abe's silver friends. Can't help you on the value other than to say that I think alot of wheat penny's really aren't worth much but depending on year and mint mark etc they can have some value.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How Many 1952 D Wheat Pennies Were Minted?
1952 D Amount Minted 746,130,000
How Much Is A 1952 D Wheat Penny Worth?
The 1952 D Wheat Penny is worth between .15 cents and $4.00 on average.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
LCS is the best place for coins. However the wheatie isn't worth your time for one trip unless you have bucket fulls. My LCS pays 2.5 cents per wheat.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
LCS - Local Coin Shop/Store

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it in my yard. And I want to know were I can sell these coins that I find or other treasures..

Well, first off congrats on your first. Second, if your in it to make money or just to "sell your treasures" there are far better ways to make money. As far as where to sell your treasures, it depends on what the treasure is. For coins you could always take them to a coin shop or just try ebay. As far as wheat pennies go at 2.5 cents each for most it would take about 9,000 of them to pay for an Ace 250. Sure some will "book" for more than that but you will seldom get anywhere near book value for a coin and if it is in "dug" condition you can pretty much forget it. As far as money goes your best bet is gold jewelry at the beach. At gold prices right now it wouldn't take very many rings to make a nice little bit of profit. Don't want to sound like a buzz kill but I have seen too many people in the last couple of years watch a tv show and go right out and buy a detector thinking they are going to be able to do the same thing and it just doesn't work that way. This is a hobby that should be enjoyed as a HOBBY. The thrill of the hunt type of thing. When you go out wondering how much you are going to be able to make that day then it becomes a job. A very low paying job.

Shane

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry about selling coins/treasures. Silver will go for 10% under melt where I am, and copper coins, unless rare, go for nothing. There won't be a line up at your door for every wheat cent you dig. Enjoy the hobby, but don't go into thinking you are going to be making money from every dig.

I got lucky one time and found a copper artifact which I sold to museum. I was using a $425 dollar detector, the artifact was worth more, but in all my years detecting, that was the only find worth "big" bucks. I am not saying this to be a dick, just letting you know that most stuff you dig, including coins are not worth a ton.

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ryaan21 said:
Don't worry about selling coins/treasures. Silver will go for 10% under melt where I am, and copper coins, unless rare, go for nothing. There won't be a line up at your door for every wheat cent you dig. Enjoy the hobby, but don't go into thinking you are going to be making money from every dig.

I got lucky one time and found a copper artifact which I sold to museum. I was using a $425 dollar detector, the artifact was worth more, but in all my years detecting, that was the only find worth "big" bucks. I am not saying this to be a dick, just letting you know that most stuff you dig, including coins are not worth a ton.

I agree on that. I like the outdoors and never knowing what you might dig next. My at pro paid for itself pretty quick as far as value is concerned though so you could make a few bucks here and their if you can part with the finds. In my case so far my wife seems to get all the jewelry.

OP
OP
treasurer

treasurer

Sep 11, 2012
Lol thanks everyone idk I'm still trying to see and dig for stuff in my yard. Expert said that there used to be a trade rout going pass here/ close by Imma check it out to see of any valuables dropped during trade or something ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread