1969 United States Proof Set Error?

Sub2001zero

Sep 28, 2005
I have a 1969-S proofs set still in it original plastic case and paper box. On the half of dollar, has a big mark on it. The color is tan. The plastic case has not been tamper with and all the
other coins have a bright shine. The coin look like some on touch the coin after it was struck and got some on the coin. I thinks it is not an oxidized stain ???. The coin has a slight ddo IN GOD WE TRUST and Liberty. I have never seen this before, i have many proof set, look at many other at flea market and coin shops. Would the spot on the coin count as a mint error "Cover about 10% or more on the front and 50% or more on back"? :-\

Here is 2 picture to check out the coin and if you need a larger on please let me know http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sub2001zero/album?.dir=/fb40

OP
OP
S

Sub2001zero

Sep 28, 2005
Like i said in the message. The plastic case has not been tamper with and all the other coins have a bright shine and no cracks in the case. It have to see the coin from the picture. I ask some people
where i live and the said there look to be something on the coin. I post here to see what other think about the coin.

scoutjim99

Sep 2, 2005
Greenville NOrth Craolina
it is not an error that i know of but definitely curios, the obverse smudge below Kennedy neck does look like a thumb or finger print, the 1960' and early 70 proof set plastic holders are real easy to get in to with out damaging the container,i have busted quite a few to fill my sets ya never know though it nay become a new error

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread