Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update in first post! 1975 Class Ring found in Golden Gate Park

Update: After nearly two months I have finally heard back from the owner of the ring. Someone broke into her car around 1997 and the ring was stolen. She is thrilled that it will soon be heading back to her! I contacted her through Facebook and she rarely logs on, explaining the delayed response.

Recently I found this 1975 Class Ring in Golden Gate Park. It was found about 3 feet from the base of a large tree and the ring was underneath a large root making the recovery very difficult. There were all sorts of roots I had to work through to get at the ring. Because it was under all of these roots it makes me believe the ring was lost a long time ago.

I have found the woman who lost the ring on Facebook but have not yet contacted her. On part of her Facebook page I can see that she went to 4 different high schools in San Francisco before graduating from a continuation high school. It sounds like it may have been a tough time in this young woman's life, but she did graduate from high school! As soon as this post goes up I will contact her and point her towards this post so that she can see her ring which I will return to her.

I will update this post once she gets her ring back!

Attachments

• Ring front.jpg
    Ring front.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 157
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Adrienne.jpg
    Adrienne.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Upvote 6

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like finding them class rings, I've found about 3 of them in the last three years but haven't been able to get hold of the owners, I have returned one that I found detecting and another many years back when I was a kid that I found in a swimming hole as a kid with a snorkel and mask. Congrats on a great find. :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1975 - good year:occasion14:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Larry ! Congrats
Glen

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's great I hope you can get it back to her :icon_thumleft:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
congrats!! I wouldn't let her see a pic of the ring till she describes it and confirm it is hers.

JustMidge

May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is pretty cool of you. Not a lot of people would even consider returning it.

OP
OP
mr_larry

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats!! I wouldn't let her see a pic of the ring till she describes it and confirm it is hers.
Debby, she has a very unique name combination such that there are only 3 people on Facebook with her name. It says right on her facebook page that she graduated in 1975 from Downtown High School in SF. It has to be hers.

Thanks everyone else who has chimed in for the nice comments and thanks for reading. I haven't heard from her yet but with the three day weekend she could be out of town or at least away from the computer.

OP
OP
mr_larry

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is pretty cool of you. Not a lot of people would even consider returning it.
The ring may have about $5.00 worth of silver in it. I know it is worth a lot more to her than that. Heck, I'll get more than $5.00 of enjoyment out of it getting her ring back to her!

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking forward to your return post to the lost finger of this ring, just shows good people are still out there and not looking for the almighty buck...........Well done!!!!

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not only a great find Mr. Larry but what great research to locate this lady! Keep us posted but also agree w/ cntrydncr1 that I would show her the photo but ask her if she indeed went there and to try and describe it or at least ask what color gem stone and it has been a long time since she last seen it.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for being a stand up guy - and doing whatever it takes to get the ring back to her ! It may be the little lift she needs right now
that might just restore her faith in humanity. Argentium.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the same year I graduated from H.S.! Seems like a million years ago....You will really make her day when she sees this! Nice going!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation! Well done.:headbang::cat::hello2::thumbsup:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find,and I'd ask her to discribe it before I returned it to be fair to yourself.:thumbsup:

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Recently I found this 1975 Class Ring in Golden Gate Park. It was found about 3 feet from the base of a large tree and the ring was underneath a large root making the recovery very difficult. There were all sorts of roots I had to work through to get at the ring. Because it was under all of these roots it makes me believe the ring was lost a long time ago.

I have found the woman who lost the ring on Facebook but have not yet contacted her. On part of her Facebook page I can see that she went to 4 different high schools in San Francisco before graduating from a continuation high school. It sounds like it may have been a tough time in this young woman's life, but she did graduate from high school! As soon as this post goes up I will contact her and point her towards this post so that she can see her ring which I will return to her.

I will update this post once she gets her ring back!

that's terrific! good for you! i''l bet she will be thrilled to get it back!
'THANKS! for caring! it DOES make a difference!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice......and......the Golden Gate Bridge just celebrated it's 75th anniversary.....quite a coinsidence (75)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions