Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update in first post! 1975 Class Ring found in Golden Gate Park

Update: After nearly two months I have finally heard back from the owner of the ring. Someone broke into her car around 1997 and the ring was stolen. She is thrilled that it will soon be heading back to her! I contacted her through Facebook and she rarely logs on, explaining the delayed response.

Recently I found this 1975 Class Ring in Golden Gate Park. It was found about 3 feet from the base of a large tree and the ring was underneath a large root making the recovery very difficult. There were all sorts of roots I had to work through to get at the ring. Because it was under all of these roots it makes me believe the ring was lost a long time ago.

I have found the woman who lost the ring on Facebook but have not yet contacted her. On part of her Facebook page I can see that she went to 4 different high schools in San Francisco before graduating from a continuation high school. It sounds like it may have been a tough time in this young woman's life, but she did graduate from high school! As soon as this post goes up I will contact her and point her towards this post so that she can see her ring which I will return to her.

I will update this post once she gets her ring back!

Attachments

• Ring front.jpg
    Ring front.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 157
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Adrienne.jpg
    Adrienne.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Upvote 6

donny nj

Jan 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story,... Nice ring....I've read about many great finds in that park thru the years WTG!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread