HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does sound about right Golden.. There are a few on E-bay, one right now bidding for $43 with a few bidders after it.. $5-30 would be a good estimate i think.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree but no one ever knows what one collector is willing to pay for an error coin! I have owned many thousands of error and variety coins, some of which I found and it never seems to amaze me what some can bring, while others that should be much more collectible, just don't bring jack squat. My best finds ever, were 3 1955-P "Double Die #2" Lincoln Cents in MS-64 Red and a 1944-P "Thick Planchet - Pierfort" Lincoln Cent - Pollock 2078 Variety struck on an experimental planchet. Due to disgust with many Coin Dealers and eBay, I sold almost my' entire collection (close to 10,000 coins) back in 2008 to a well know Coin Collector, Dealer and Expert and just recently got back into buying, selling and trading error and variety coins as well as other coins. While I only received a fraction of the collection's value, it was better than what I could have possibly made on eBay due to their' fees and PayPal's fees!

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread