A TWA metal ashtray. I wonder whats it worth...

navehaim

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A TWA metal ashtray. I wonder what's it worth...

Hello everyone,

found this ashtray in the local flee market. I'm not sure from what year it is but is seems pretty old. do you think it's worth something? what should I do with is for your opinion?

Thanks a lot,
Nave

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
thedisappeared.jpg

Hello Nave,

Welcome to this place. and thanks for telling us very little about your find. Are the photos coming via Pan Am? 8-)

As you may suspect, there were & are many various examples. Photos would be essential for any of us to give you any kinda feedback.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, I always liked TWA. T'was a favorite carrier back in the day. I used to be a tremendous ashtray swiper, but never got one of theirs. My bride strongly encouraged me to cut it out, shortly after we were married. I used to have a swell Michelin Man ashtray. It has joined the ranks of los Desaparecidos.

250864749198.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I can still remember flying with a smoker right next to me. Heck, I can remember having ashtray's all over the place and no one going nuts...

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I can still remember flying with a smoker right next to me. Heck, I can remember having ashtray's all over the place and no one going nuts...

Few years ago I was in Russia and was flying on a Air Bus. Not only did they allow smoking in the cabin the pilots had there cockpit door open and were smoking too! Was pretty crazy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread