Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not an expert on many of the potential coin errors out there, but I came across this in change. Probably PMD, but it looks interesting enough to post. Thanks. DSC02559.JPG DSC02561.JPG

aj

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
What are the characteristics of this coin that make it interesting? Perhaps I am viewing through the wrong field of my trifocals, but I only see a well worn coin.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
ajaj

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; maybe my photos are not that great. The edges seem to appear much more worn than the rest of the coin. The edges don't appear like normal wear an tear. I could be very wrong, however.

aj

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like it may have been struck when the Collar was damaged in some way and this caused slight amounts of metal from the Planchet to fold back on itself which resembles thin Die Crack Cuds. However, there is the possibility that portions of the edges of the Dies were shearing away and they are actual thin Die Crack Cuds.

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi; maybe my photos are not that great. The edges seem to appear much more worn than the rest of the coin. The edges don't appear like normal wear an tear. I could be very wrong, however.

aj

I am not sold on the rims being worn as it appears that the metal has been folded back over the lettering. However, it would not be the first or last time I was or will be wrong!

Frank

OP
OP
ajaj

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the analysis. I took a couple of more photos that are lighter and, I believe, a little more in-focus.

aj

DSC02562.JPG DSC02563.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread